SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2017

Flat Top Okie

App went out in yesterday's mail. This is gonna be my 14th Landrun. Each one has been better'n the last, and the first one was wonderful.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See you there, Fingers. You'll have to come by for a sit down. Mis Lorrie has a new camper.

We'll be in slot 7 on the shotgun range.

See you there, Fingers. You'll have to come by for a sit down. Mis Lorrie has a new camper.

We'll be in slot 7 on the shotgun range.

We'll do that. Be good to see her again.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Dang Clay, 50 days? Long time to wait. Land Run is my one big travel match this year and to say I'm looking forward to it would be a gross understatement. Of course the way the weather has been here, I'll be going into it cold and rusty, but I will have fun no matter what!

Officially 50 days, continue the countdown!

Drinking out of my Land Run 2016 coffee cup this am. I will have a set of four matching cups come April. Can't wait to shoot this with you Clay. Lots of Iowa shooters headed that way in 50 days!

Nothing yesterday and nothing today. Do you suppose Okie is working on a shooters list?

Hi Noz

Shooters list is posted. And another question. You once told me where you got your grips for your ROA.I forgot Lol

And which ones were they?

See you soon

Deacon

Altamont slims. http://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ I think mine are the Super Walnut slim

<http://cowboy.okcgunclub.org/LR2017/shooterlist2-21.pdf>Shooters list.

Updated shooters list.

Hi Everyone,

Mae and I entered applications last night so, if you mailed yours last week, you should have received confirmation e-mail. The shooter list is on our web site, but it is a few days behind.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Flat Top & Missouri Mae, y'all are awesome. I posted the app in Saturdays mail up here in central Iowa. Yesterday evening Tuesday I get an e-mail confirmation. That was fast!!

Also a tip of the hat to the postal service especially since Monday was a federal holiday.

Sorry had to do this again, T-minus 39 days till the lead splats against steel.

OMG!!! What am I going to wear?!

Barbed wire and sweat sox with a light coat of oil.

Barbed wire and sweat sox with a light coat of oil.

Can't find barbed wire listed as one of the five CC items.

I guarantee if you come wrapped in 10 yards of barbed wire they will let you shoot CC.

Flat Top, for those of us that have never been to a bigger match like this, this guy. Can you give us a rundown of what the TOP Gun is all about?

I watched it on the live facebook feed from Winter Range this weekend, but didn't understand how they selected the participants?

Thanks!

P.S. - 35 days and counting!

Clay, some matches like Winter Range, it is the top 16 men, and top 16 ladies that go head to head until there is only one left standing. Some matches make it open to all comers, throw your badge in a bucket and pairings are drawn at random.

As the top gun is the afternoon after the first day of Land Run, I would suspect the later, but don't know as I've not been to Land Run before. I'm looking forward to hearing how they do it.

Howdy Clay ol pard. As I recall the Top Gun was the top 16, correct me if I'm wrong someone. If ya talk to JB Kid he was in the Top Gun shoot off last year.

Clay we expect you to be in it.

I will try my hardest, looking at the attendee list that is going to be a tall order!!

Clay, last year they designated two stages- a stage from 1-6 and a stage from 7-12. The top 10 shooters from each of those designated stages for the day were in the Top Gun Shoot-off that afternoon. Our very own J.B. Kidd shot in the shoot-off. It was fun to watch. They still count misses and procedural mistakes. The shooter that wins the dual advances to the next round until there are only two left to square off for the championship. I believe this was the first time they did a Top Gun Shoot-off. Again, a lot of fun to watch from the peanut gallery.

Archived