SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2017

Flat Top Okie

Sure. My wife says some of my batches this year are too hot!! I figure by then they should have mellowed in the jars.

Please leave yore cats at home.

I still have flashbacks to a Prince of Pistoleers that you brought a batch of "CatKiller". Good stuff!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gots to try it Flat top! It will give you a whole new perspective on foods.

well ifin your going is Memphis going? well snot now im definetly going!!!

You bet! Memphis will be in the truck with me! We've got at least seven Iowa shooters headed that way this year!

sweet!!! yall wanna eat at the catfish joint again?

I am always up for catfish! They don't happen to have Lima Beans, do they? :)

Hi Everyone,

Mae and I stayed up late entering applications last night, so anyone who mailed theirs and we received through Saturday should have received e-mail confirmation.

Should be a great group. See you soon.

Flat Top

I had heard the catfish place on I35 had shut down. Am I wrong?

Hi Flat Top,

Have my appl and check ready to go in the mail today.

Any suggestions on hotels near the range? For that matter, as a newbie, I could use some suggestions on about everything. Hoping to do some side matches as well as the main matches.

Bringin' Mrs. Doc but she's not a shooter. Any suggestions for her?

Dr. O. R. Vet

P.S. Family history says that a great uncle had an old Cadillac touring car--turned into a truck,complete with cow's skull on the front bumper--that ended up at the Cowboy museum.

Doc, This will also be my first trip, but I found a Super 8 that appears to be about 20 minutes from the range. I can PM you the phone number when I get home if you would like

Hi Guys,

I believe there is a list of motels on the website that are about 10 miles from the range. They are at the corner of I-35 and Hwy 66. We look forward to

seeing you all.

Flat Top

PS: For campers, please send your entry as soon as possible to ensure a spot.

Thanks again.

You are correct Noz. The building is no longer there.

Deacon

That's really a shame. That was some good eating.

Hello Catfish Eaters,

If you are talking about the catfish place that was located at Waterloo Rd and I-35, you are in luck. It has moved a few miles South. It is now located between N.E. 122nd and

Hefner Rd. on I-35. It is on the West side of I-35 close to Frontier City Amusement Park.

Flat Top

I'll have at least one meal there during Landrun

Cat fish.

I can't help but wonder if anyone would eat them things were they called dogfish?

There are some motels on Route 66 which is 2nd St in Edmond, closer to plenty eating places within walking distance plus, a small Walmart and other shopping.

Denny's, IHOP, Jimmys Egg, Chicago etc are right there, a better option that those I 35 places.

Hi All,

After the restaurant closed, a customer who ate there regularly bought the recipes and relocated a few miles South on I-35. I believe it called Bob's Catfish. I will find the exact name and address and post it later.

Flat Top

Big Thanks Flat Top!!!

The Steak and Catfish Barn, 10603 N Interstate 35 Service Road, is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. For more information go to www.steakandcatfishbarn.com.

Looks like we'll be dining on catfish come April!!

Archived