SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2017

Flat Top Okie

Hello everyone,

We are receiving entries for Land Run at a very brisk pace now and I wanted to issue an invitation to you all. This will be our 24th Land Run with twelve fast and friendly stages, lots of side matches and a great banquet at the premier banquet facility in the United States (The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum). The match will be held April 6th-8th and I truly regret the timing but,it was the only date the banquet facility was available in April. If you have not visited the museum, the museum alone is worth the trip. Check our website. The Oklahoma Territorial Marshals.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already got my confirmation and have a bunkhouse booked. I'm really looking forward to my first Land Run.

It is a match that I've heard about since I got into the game and it's been on my bucket list about as long, so this year I'm making it happen!

Now for the only bad part about the match....waiting for it to get here!

I keep thinking I need to make this match. Attended the Red Dirt Rampage this past year and had an awesome time. Great range and great folks! With my job, the dates are usually during our busy time.. but the dates this year just may work out!

I have shot this match since I started in SASS about five years ago and Flat Top and Missiouri Mae put on a really great match along with all the other territorial marshals !! I'm fortunate enough to live in the state where it is but if I lived out of state I would still make this match every year!! From the stages and the awesome props all the way to the banquet at the Cowboy Hall Of Fame this match is 5 stars !!

Flat Top and Mae-we certainly know you tried for another date but "things" just happened!!! We wish you the best and know you will have a great match-sorry we will not be able to attend but we will be busy with the Texas State Championship. We will see you in the fall for the Regionals and hopefully starting in 2018 we can get the shooting schedules between Texas and Oklahoma in sync :)

I keep thinking I need to make this match...

Yes, Major, you do. :):):)

This is a top quality match in every way. Thank you for the hard work that makes it happen each year.

Really looking forward to my first trip both to this match and to Oklahoma. Both will be a first for me :)

This match is soo good were coming from Australia, ...again

Really looking forward to my first trip both to this match and to Oklahoma. Both will be a first for me :)

Advice? Bring everything from a bikini to a snow suit. Hard hat or steel pot might be welcome as well a hail does fall on Landrun.

Advice? Bring everything from a bikini to a snow suit. Hard hat or steel pot might be welcome as well a hail does fall on Landrun.

Last year was my first Land Run. When Half-Fast Len and I left central Iowa heading south, the temp was in the 30's with flurries. We arrived in Oklahoma City mid afternoon and it was sunny and 78. We were hooked.

Oh Geez, my Pards Dantankerous, Stirrup, Grizz, and Chili Pepper Kid are all attending? Well now I just gotta go!

Thar ya go!!! Yeeehaw!!!

Oh Geez, my Pards Dantankerous, Stirrup, Grizz, and Chili Pepper Kid are all attending? Well now I just gotta go!

Yes you do! There are a few more you should follow me to as well

No pressure, Major. None at all. ;)

Major: Miss Connie,Bulldog Brown, and Young's Angel are all going to be there, so you might just join the party.

This will be our first time also. Looking forward to see all you there. Bulldog Brown

Major: Miss Connie,Bulldog Brown, and Young's Angel are all going to be there, so you might just join the party.

This will be our first time also. Looking forward to see all you there. Bulldog Brown

It will be good to see you guys again

Hi Noz

It will be good to see you.

Flat Top

Thanks. Been a couple of years. Life has a way of getting in the way of plans.

well ifin your going is Memphis going? well snot now im definetly going!!!

dadgumit this is gonna get wild!!

dadgumit this is gonna get wild!!

You bringing salsa to sample? Maybe some "Cat Killer"?

You bringing salsa to sample? Maybe some "Cat Killer"?

Sure. My wife says some of my batches this year are too hot!! I figure by then they should have mellowed in the jars.

Please leave yore cats at home.

Archived