SASS Wire Forum

CA Releases Gun Instructors' Info to Press

Ooops....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/18/california-snafu-releases-personal-info-nearly-4000-gun-safety-instructors.html

Once the cat is out of the bag, it's tough to put it back in. Remember when we used to write our driver's license numbers at the bottom of checks? (For that matter, remember checks?)

LL

Edited by Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438

Do you really think it was a OOOOPS?

Edited by Pit Bull Tex
  • Like 1

Since this is California, I doubt it was a 'snafu'.

It would seems to make more sense that it was deliberate in order for the anti-gun yahoos to pressure the instructors to : 1) stop instructing, or; 2) move out of CA.

Hmmm....Why am I not surprised? Actually I am a bit. I'm surprised they didn't release the info of every gun owner in Kalifornia. Took them two months to notify the victims? The victims of this ATTACK need to sue the crap out of the state for that.

Since this is California, I doubt it was a 'snafu'.

It would seems to make more sense that it was deliberate in order for the anti-gun yahoos to pressure the instructors to : 1) stop instructing, or; 2) move out of CA.

Actually, LT, "Snafu" would be quite appropriate. :mellow:

Hmmm....Why am I not surprised? Actually I am a bit. I'm surprised they didn't release the info of every gun owner in Kalifornia. Took them two months to notify the victims? The victims of this ATTACK need to sue the crap out of the state for that.

That was done in New York (maybe other places also) a few years ago. Didn't go over well at all. -_-

• Like 1

Just one more thing to add to my list of reasons to stay away from there.

I had a guy call me recently to see if I might be interested in a position down in Orange County, where I used to live.

My response was "Not only no, but he** no! You all don't have enough money"

Well, unless I knew the person who approved the release, or who actually made the release, and had some understanding of their personal political motives, I'd be reluctant to express an opinion on whether the release was accidental or not.

Hereabouts, we have a specific statute outlawing the public release of gun owner information by the state (yes, you read that correctly; MA actually has a statute designed to protect gun owners). If a bureaucrat violated that law, I imagine that there would be some screaming; but the information would still be out there.

LL