SASS Wire Forum

SPF Original Winchester 1895 for $900 Great Shooter

$900 plus shipping (About $30, USPS Priority) Original 1895 Winchester. .30US/30-40 Krag. Made 1916. 27 inch barrel. Excellent mechanical condition and a good shooter...I have shot this gun within the last 6 months and it is mechanically fine. I have shot both smokeless and black powder in this gun with good results from both. Very good cosmetics...stock is sound with a small surface crack in the wrist. The forearm is a modern replacement custom made to match the age and finish of the rest of the gun. Everything else is 100% original and functioning. Strong patina overall with normal nicks, dings, wear and tear for a 100 year old gun. Barrel has strong rifling with some darkness. Barrel finish is blue towards receiver thinning towards gray at the muzzle. Receiver is blue turning to gray with a mottling. Very pleasing to look at. No rust, no pitting, some freckling as finish turns to gray patina. Nice shootable historic gun. Pictures show it all. This is C&R eligible. Must ship to ffl or C&R. I am a C&R and receiver must be willing to accept from a C&R. $30 shipped Priority mail. Payment by usps MO or personal check if I know you.

thumb.jpgpix839294658.jpg

pix619770432.jpg

Edited by calvin n. hobbes SASS #17218