SASS Wire Forum

"durable" membership card ?

Dungannon Gunner

Just received my dues renewal notice and brand new membership card. The second sentence states "The card is a brand new design that is durable and packs a lot of benefits." Does anyone know if after you pay the dues you get a second mailing with the "durable" card? The one I received is on the same paper as the invoice and appears to be standard copy paper weight with no special coating.

Edited by Dungannon Gunner

We usta get plastic cards some years back....like a credit card. Maybe "durable" has another meaning in this case, and is not something tangible?

It's durable...if you don't carry it in your wallet :) Kidding aside, if it's an annual membership card how durable does it really need to be? Now, if it were a Life Membership card I wouldn't be very happy with that. I carry my "durable" card in my wallet and the edges one one side are a little frayed but it's no big deal to me. Besides, if you carry your wallet in your back pocket, thinner is better on your back when seated. At least that is how I look at it.

Do you really carry your card around anyway?? For what? It serves no purpose at all!! Mine are all in a drawer going back to 1998, I think maybe it's time to pitch 'em!! :lol:

Mine easily detached from my notice. It fits in my wallet just fine. Some people would complain if they had a pot of gold, but it didn't have a handle. Costs are a factor with thick plastic cards.

The one I received is on the same paper as the invoice and appears to be standard copy paper weight with no special coating.

Mr. Gunner:

I take my card and laminate it with one of those sheets of laminate where you peel off the back and put two pieces together. Makes the card "durable".

Do you really carry your card around anyway?? For what? It serves no purpose at all!! Mine are all in a drawer going back to 1998, I think maybe it's time to pitch 'em!! :lol:

Mr. Miles:

I always carry my SASS card with me, and use it as a promotional item when talking Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) with those unfamiliar with it. They get to see my Alias, and the cool SASS Logo always gets them asking for more information. I even have videos of our Pistolero members on my phone that I can show them what the action is all about.

Always enjoy sharing with others.

• Like 2

I think that I got one once. :)

What's the purpose of the cards? :wub:

I have a hard Plastic one that says Life member on it, I got it back in 1997. My Gold badge shows I am a lifer, so the card has been in my desk drawer since 1997. I think one time they sent me one after that that was not plastic, but not paper, kinda like made out of poster board or real thin plastic. It is in the top drawer of my desk with the other ones. If I was going to EOT, Winter Range or a show with a SASS booth, I would might take it along if I was not wearing my badge.

Edited by Maddog McCoy SASS #5672

What's the purpose of the cards? :wub:

Mr. Marine:

I like to treat mine like a passport. :lol: You never know when a Territorial Governor or US Marshall will stop you and your cart and ask for your ID.

You could end up....1a35a6d6-68a2-42f8-9142-6c0c3c2fa6e2_zps

Mr. Marine:

I like to treat mine like a passport. :lol: You never know when a Territorial Governor or US Marshall will stop you and your cart and ask for your ID.

You could end up....1a35a6d6-68a2-42f8-9142-6c0c3c2fa6e2_zps

Lord help you if you get your crotch checked by the the zipper police and you don't have your SASS card.

Edited by Noz
  • Like 1

If you ever go to Sparta,IL. that's what you got to show them to buy ammo at Walmart. That's if you're from out of state....Anyway that's what they asked for a couple years ago.......

Faygo

Wasn't there a multi-year discount for paying 3 years at a time at one point ?

I heard about that.

Of course last years I was also told they were going to offer Life Membership payment plan.

I just came off of the 3 year membership,It was discounted from the regular dues,I think they only offered it for a year or two.

I just came off of the 3 year membership,It was discounted from the regular dues,I think they only offered it for a year or two.

Yep just came off three year membership myself. Called them today to sign up for another year. Oh the money I pay to play this game... But oh how I love it.

Major E A Sterner #12916, on 18 Jan 2017 - 3:10 PM, said:Major E A Sterner #12916, on 18 Jan 2017 - 3:10 PM, said:

It was longer than that. I joined SASS in 09 and signed up for the 3 year plan. Renewed it for another 3 then SASS quit offering it as an option. I laminated my "durable paper" card too.

Edited by Charlie Whiskers