SASS Wire Forum

Pedersoli lightning

shotguntom

On 9/26/2021 at 11:55 AM, Dutch Bullwhip said:

hallo , 

Some years ago  I have bought my wife a Pedersoli Lightning .  Now on the last match it started to lock up.

For the first time I will have to disassembly it totally .

Could someone please send me the guide to peterenjolanda@online.nl ?

Thank you ,

Dutch Bullwhip.

Get Roger Rapids Lightning manual and he’ll walk you through the disassembly and reassembly. Pay attention to the cartridge stop lever information. On all of my Pedersoli Lightnings that is where problems occurred and I’ll bet that’s where yours is.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 6:29 PM, Yul Lose said:

Get Roger Rapids Lightning manual and he’ll walk you through the disassembly and reassembly. Pay attention to the cartridge stop lever information. On all of my Pedersoli Lightnings that is where problems occurred and I’ll bet that’s where yours is.

Yul, clean out your mail box, trying to send you a message.

2 hours ago, Barleycorn Outfitters said:

Yul, clean out your mail box, trying to send you a message.

Try it now.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy Roger Rapid and everyone else who has contributed to this most informative thread. A couple of years ago my brother drove down from Oregon and brought his Pedersoli Lightning in 45 Colt. Not a cowboy shooter, he solved most of his problems with it by refusing to load more than 5 rounds in the magazine. Still it was enough fun to shoot that my wife suggested I buy one. It arrived as a slightly used Pedersoli 

(Dixie Gun Works version) 44-40 rifle with a 24" round barrel. It now has several hundred rounds through it powered by 32 gr. of GOEX FFFg and is way more fun to shoot than my brother's Uberti. Only problem is the occasional failure to feed. I know that I need to disassemble it soon to clean it so a copy of your manual on the Pedersoli Lightnings (S/N below PL01000) would be appreciated. Thank you.

Far Country Traveler

trvlrmn@msn.com

Elko, NV

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy Pards, I recently acquired a Pedersoli Lightning in 44-40 and it is running as smooth as butter.

Nevertheless, I am very interested in learning more about it: can I receive a copy of Roger Rapid's manual please?

My email address is lordvezzon@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much!

See you along the trail

JL Wesson

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a question for you 45 Colt Pedersoli Lightning owners. The Lightning is notorious for blowback in 45 Colt. Since I shoot 45 Schofield in my Marlins, I tried it in a couple AWA Lightnings. One I owned and one we just tried it on to check the blow back. Both of the rifles cycled the shorter round perfectly with no blowback. Has anyone here shot 45 Schofield rounds through their Pedersoli Lightning? Will a Pedersoli cycle the shorter rounds?

JFN

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, Dead Hand said:

Roger, would you send the booklet to me as a message or the email link below? Thanks

onefstnov8@gmail.com.

Thanks

You’d probably better off private messaging him, he may not look at this thread that often.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:56 PM, J. Frank Norfleet said:

Here is a question for you 45 Colt Pedersoli Lightning owners. The Lightning is notorious for blowback in 45 Colt. Since I shoot 45 Schofield in my Marlins, I tried it in a couple AWA Lightnings. One I owned and one we just tried it on to check the blow back. Both of the rifles cycled the shorter round perfectly with no blowback. Has anyone here shot 45 Schofield rounds through their Pedersoli Lightning? Will a Pedersoli cycle the shorter rounds?

JFN

My .45 is an AWA, but I've not tried Schofields in it.  But this makes me wonder about giving it a whirl.  I find it curious that the shorter shell gives no blowback.   Of course, I don't HAVE any Schofield ammo, and no revolvers chambered for it so, it may be a while.   

• 9 months later...

Howdeigh all! I learned a lot from this thread.  I've sent a PM request for the booklet. I've had the same concerns with blow-by.  I bought my Uberti used and figured someone got carried away with polishing/slicking the chamber.  Thinking the brass may not be expanding to seal properly, I loaded some normal/hotter 45 LC rounds. The blow back was reduced quite a bit.  After reading this thread, I may just have to deal with it.  Thanks for all the help! 

• Like 1