SASS Wire Forum

ACES Instructions - using SASS Premier Scoring Program

Shamrock Sadie

I have updated the compiled instructions for using the Automated Cowboy Easy Scoring (A.C.E.S.) program in conjunction with the SASS Premier Scoring Program. The instructions are for use with Android devices as well as iPads (separate documents) and are available in PDF and MS Word documents.

The steps include registering shooters using the SASS Premier Scoring program, syncing to a handheld device, scoring using A.C.E.S., and then syncing back with the SASS Premier Scoring program in order to generate reports. Other topics outlined in the documents include:

• Equipment needed (A.C.E.S. devices, Wi-Fi routers, etc.)
  • Scoring staff needed
  • Meeting with posse marshals
  • Scoring official checklist, to include the use of the SASS Premier Scoring program for reports in a major match

There are PDF and MS Word files for each. The MS Word documents are there if you want to modify it with your own match instructions.

The files can be found on this site: A.C.E.S. Instructions using the SASS Premier Scoring Program

Edited by Shamrock Sadie

Thanks for posting this, I was searching for instructions last week. Quick question on versions. There seems to be two current versions, 1.2.1 and 1.2.6. I'm an Android user and can only get 1.2.1.

Is 1.2.1 for Droid users and 1.2.6 for Apple users?

Thanks,

Dusty

Thanks for posting this, I was searching for instructions last week. Quick question on versions. There seems to be two current versions, 1.2.1 and 1.2.6. I'm an Android user and can only get 1.2.1.

Is 1.2.1 for Droid users and 1.2.6 for Apple users?

Thanks,

Dusty

Hello Dusty....I didn't build the ACES program and don't maintain it. I compiled these instructions back in 2013, for use with the SASS scoring program. I just recently updated the instructions.

The web site for the ACES program is located here: https://acesscoring.com/

Pitt Viper and his crew built the program and may be able to answer your questions.

Ken Nelson (Pitt Viper):

ken@acesscoring.com

pitt@acesscoring.com

ken@kennelson.com