SASS Wire Forum

Starline Brass: These guys are good

Widder, SASS #59054

Once again, Starline brass has delivered me good, clean pieces of new brass.

Last years order of .32 H&R brass required NO pre-preparations. No deburring/chamfering required. I started the reloading process by 'belling' the case mouth and everything worked great.

TODAY, I received my latest order of 10mm brass. No deburring/chamfering required. Just 'bell' the case mouth and start reloading.

These guys sure know their business.

..........Widder

• Like 1

Any new purchase of extruded or lathe turned brass that I buy, especially for Pb bullet reloads ... I take a 22 degree neck reamer and remove the burrs that are always on the lips of the mouth,

Why? For SASS brass not really necessary but for BPCR reloads shooting for accuracy, the burrs will decrease the accuracy of the bullet on ignition

To determine if a case has or doesn't have burrs on the lips, take a fish hook and pull it up from the inside of the case

Yep. I throw a little case lube on them and go!

+1

I dry media tumble all new brass with a little turtle wax. It seems to provide just enough lube for initial resizing & neck expansion.

Hey Pards,

What surprised me is that I don't have to resize this new stuff.

I mic'd the new brass, then resized 5 of them and the diameter was identical. So, no resizing was even required or necessary.

..........Widder

Hey Pards,

What surprised me is that I don't have to resize this new stuff.

I mic'd the new brass, then resized 5 of them and the diameter was identical. So, no resizing was even required or necessary.

..........Widder

I was having a minor bit of trouble with the neck expander die sticking or dragging on the up-stroke(withdrawing) and the wax seemed to help that. Probably some roughness in the neck die.

I totally agree - the best brass I have used. In 12 years I have bought 1 100 rnd bag of WW, all the rest has been *-*line.