SASS Wire Forum

Have you met any celebrities?

Once represented the LA Lakers, including Mitch Kupchak and Kurt Rambis, when they were both still playing. Two of the most down-to-earth, regular guys you could ever meet. Regular except for size. Kupchak was so tall that he had to have his Volvo dealer remove the sunroof and install a dome to get enough headroom; the dealer also installed a 10" steering wheel to give Mitch room to put his knees up alongside the wheel.

LL

Reminds me of the first time I met John Wayne. I worked on the S-II Program (2nd stage of the Saturn Rocket use to get men on the moon) in Seal Beach, Ca. One day at lunch I went to the bank and a really huge Pontiac station wagon was next to me stopped at a signal. It has a crest on the door and this funny looking bubble top over the driver. I couldn't help but stare at it. I suddenly realized that it was the Duke driving. He smiled and we drove off. I stopped at the bank and he was there too. Shook hands and he told me that his Mom lived in the retirement development (Leisure World) next to the bank and he took her to lunch every Wednesday when he was in town. Saw him several times after that.... on Wednesdays. The top was modified so he could wear a cowboy hat in the car!

Edited by Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life

Reminds me of the first time I met John Wayne. I worked on the S-II Program (2nd stage of the Saturn Rocket use to get men on the moon) in Seal Beach, Ca. One day at lunch I went to the bank and a really huge Pontiac station wagon was next to me stopped at a signal. It has a crest on the door and this funny looking bubble top over the driver. I couldn't help but stare at it. I suddenly realized that it was the Duke driving. He smiled and we drove off. I stopped at the bank and he was there too. Shook hands and he told me that his Mom lived in the retirement development (Leisure World) next to the bank and he took her to lunch every Wednesday when he was in town. Saw him several times after that.... on Wednesdays. The top was modified so he could wear a cowboy hat in the car!

Went to the opening of The Horse Soldiers in NYC and saw him there.