SASS Wire Forum

Dawg's new knee

Rye Miles #13621

Maybe Rye could bring a pinch or two of Holy Black so you can make a line of it on the table and put a match to it so at least you get the smell. :D

Glad to hear you're up and about! :)

He'd probably snort it!!! Is that even legal???

New lines that Dawg will use when writing stages in the hospital:

Mr. Dillon, Mr. Dillon!!!!

I'll shoot that other knee if you go for that gun!

Where's my cane???

Can someone help me get off this horse??

I'll be there, just give me an hour or so!! :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

He'd probably snort it!!! Is that even legal???

New lines that Dawg will use when writing stages in the hospital:

Mr. Dillon, Mr. Dillon!!!!

I'll shoot that other knee if you go for that gun!

Where's my cane???

Can someone help me get off this horse??

I'll be there, just give me an hour or so!! :lol::lol::lol:

I think there'll be more Walter Brennan lines!

• Like 1

The surgery is the easy part, you sleep through that. The therapy is the hard part. Be tough, listen and go for the angle.

good deal Dawg!! obey the nurses and therapists,,, yule be ready come spring!!

Good luck on the surgery Dawg.

Next time ask if anyone has a gently used on the Wire!

When we get older, we pay for the sins of our youth............................

All those times we jumped down when we could have stepped..................

Slipped on the ice cuz we hurrying to get someplace.................

Humbling!

--Dawg

I remember jumping off the roof of the garage just for fun, then climb up and do it again.

My left knee is reminding it's about time for another shot, don't know how much longer the shots are gonna be enough.

Best of luck with your rehab.

• Like 1

Glad to see you back on the wire.

I pray you have a speedy recovery.

Howdy Prairie Dawg!

Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery!

See you on the trail!

Mo Dern and the Lake Park Raiders and the Shenango River Rats

Good Afternoon Folks:

Well, the surgery is over & I'm sitting here in a room, leg wrapped up like an Italian Burrito, plugged in to all the hospital electronics, & doing my exercises.

They've had me up and walking already.

I'm gonna do what them therapists tell me to do, so I am up-and-shootin' as soon as possible.

Rye has offered to pick me up for Saturday's special Tusco Winter shoot, but I don't think my care-takers are gonna let me go.

Drat!!!

I hate to miss it!

Love spending the day with my friends

& I wanted to see Kit break in those new 44-40s

& see if Rye shows up, cuz it's gonna be raining somewhere North of the equator. :P

Thanks for all the good words, kind thoughts, and prayers.

I truly appreciate it.

--Dawg

Glad to hear you're sorta back on your feet. Hang in there, wishing you a speedy recovery.

So ... I go to visit the Dawg in his room yesterday -- I had seen him in recovery, but they don't let you stay for long. "How's it going?" -- he tells me ok, but his temperature is low. 94 -- hmm wonder why? Then a few minutes later he's talking about this ice bag in his crotch. My slow gears are starting to turn and I'm thinking "What's it doin there???" He HAD had an icebag on his leg in Recovery. So I tells him, "WELL that's the reason your temp is low, get that thing outa there!"

In his drugged mind he figured the nurses put the ice bag in his crotch cause he had a catheter -- you gotta remember -- da Dawg has NEVER had any surgical procedures. He didn't know that the ice bag was originally on his leg, it just musta shifted when they moved him to the room.

Moved the ice bag -- temp is normal -- isn't medicine simple??

So ... I go to visit the Dawg in his room yesterday -- I had seen him in recovery, but they don't let you stay for long. "How's it going?" -- he tells me ok, but his temperature is low. 94 -- hmm wonder why? Then a few minutes later he's talking about this ice bag in his crotch. My slow gears are starting to turn and I'm thinking "What's it doin there???" He HAD had an icebag on his leg in Recovery. So I tells him, "WELL that's the reason your temp is low, get that thing outa there!"

In his drugged mind he figured the nurses put the ice bag in his crotch cause he had a catheter -- you gotta remember -- da Dawg has NEVER had any surgical procedures. He didn't know that the ice bag was originally on his leg, it just musta shifted when they moved him to the room.

Moved the ice bag -- temp is normal -- isn't medicine simple??

:lol::lol: I just talked to him this morning, he didn't mention that! We talked about getting him up into your house and I suggested a crane or maybe I could get 4 or 5 of us to lift him up the stairs on a stretcher!! :lol:

He was in good spirits, maybe it was the drugs???? Glad to see he's doing well and he expects to shoot next month at Tusco weather permitting!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Rye -- maybe he didn't tell you cause he figured you'd blab it all over town!

uh -- I DID obtain permission to relay my little anecdote

• Like 1

Rye -- maybe he didn't tell you cause he figured you'd blab it all over town!

uh -- I DID obtain permission to relay my little anecdote

:lol:

Oh Yeah -- I figured Y'all wanted to hear the story, but it DID involve his privities. :blush: .. so I asked him if it was ok.

I know that no one here minds it!

https://www.facebook.com/cacoalnews1/videos/1334860226541612/

Ya know what, Doc? My knee feels sooo much better now. I think I'll pass on the replacement.

• Like 2

Something I learned from 2 knee scopes: It's easier to go up and down stairs backwards.

Dawg,

I pray for your speedy recovery. Try and Do what they tell you, I had total knee replacements done on both knees the same day. If I had done just one I would not have done the other. If they bring you a bending machine , use it all the time. Not just when they expect you to. A month after I had them done I started the kitchen remodel on a walker. Did they put in the grease zerts :lol:

Rev

There's more truth about that there Ice Bag. Nursey mentioned to Dakota Skipper bout the Dawg being extra special "Flirtacious" so she slipped that ice bag where it twer soze to remind him who'd da boss!! Heard she ordered up a full ten pound bag just in case .....................

Coffinmaker -- I wondered when SOMEONE would mention that! Icebag in the crotch?? maybe it's a conspiracy! -- well he is a FLIRT -- but he's so nice about it!

Dawg was sprung from the hospital today. The knee is stiff -- swelling is ... well SWOLLEN! but his spirits are good! I dropped him off at a friends house -- all one story -- now DON'T you all start saying "RIGHT -- she just doesn't want to hear him whine!" He's got his pain meds and friends who will make him work -- true friends indeed.

I am keeping up the home front. Taking care of the house, dogs, all the stuff that PD does every day -- so I am totally exhausted at this point -- but soldiering on.

I LOVE the comment about Dawg selling off his old knee -- touche!

Thank you ALL for your support!

Edited by Dakota Skipper

Kinda gives a whole new definition to putting it on ice for a while :P

Skipper - keep the boy moving, hate to see a good man down.

See y'all in May!

CR