SASS Wire Forum

Riding the Bourbon Trail

Ruff Kut

Whew! High faulting Waimea has to have all the amenities! I will check it out this coming Sunday and let everyone know how things look. If the campground close to the range doesn't work out I will start pushing out a bit further afield and see what we can find for both campgrounds and hotels.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew! High faulting Waimea has to have all the amenities! I will check it out this coming Sunday and let everyone know how things look. If the campground close to the range doesn't work out I will start pushing out a bit further afield and see what we can find for both campgrounds and hotels.

Haha.

Ok, let's review.

Do I need the shower? No, I can go for weeks without, but for public safety a shower is a plus.

I could go into the flush toilet thing but let's just say it's another public safety issue.

I'm just looking out for YOU, Ruff.

Waimea

All right, for all you folks looking for camping spots I did a little looking around and here is what I have for you. There is a camp ground within 15 minutes of the range. I personally didn't want to even stop my vehicle while driving through and sure wouldn't camp there, so I can't give a recommendation to that one. However, Otter Creek Campground will be open for the season, is a beautiful site, cheap rates ($22 a day), and is only about 20 minutes from the range. I would have no problem camping there personally.

http://fw.ky.gov/Pages/Otter-Creek-Outdoor-Recreation-Area.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

CAMPING UPDATE:

All right folks, for those of you who want all of the amenities at a decent rate I still highly recommend Otter Creek Campground. However, for those who are up for dry camping, I have talked to the range owner and we will be able to accommodate on the range. No power, no water, no nothing, but it is a free parking spot on site available for all of those who wish to use it. PLEASE let me know if you would like to dry camp on the range so that I can provide a headcount and get things set. Thanks!

I think Ruff Kutt got permission for some dry camping on the range? I will check with him this Sunday when we have our March Match in 68 Degree Weather - Partly Sunny and little or no wind, and get back with ya'll on Monday after we shoot our monthly match which starts at 10:00 AM (EST) with a safety meeting - shoot 3 stages - break for a free lunch - and finish with 3 more stages. Scores and Awards end up the day.

Thanks,

KCD

P.S. - Did I tell you we are shooting this coming Sunda......

Darn, the weather was really crappy. 70 Degrees - Sunny - with just enough wind to make the Smoke Masters happy! Great Time was had by some of us? - most of us? - oh, what the heck, I will go out on a limb and say "all of us"! Unfortunately, I shot so slow they started calling me "Tic Tockman"! But, -- But, I had a bunch of misses as well. :blink: The good news is I snuck up on some Oreos during lunch :ph34r: .

And, we are progressing well on our Annual - Riding the Bourbon Trail - Shoot Out 2017. George Emmett and Ruff Kutt have some really cool stages and side matches in the offering. Why don't you make some plans for the 5th Weekend in April and join us.

\

Thanks for Stopping by,

\

KCD

Hey, could one of you two cowboys send me one of those applications? I have that week off and unless something comes up, I am planning on coming down for this one.

Send to. Jerryray1967@live.com

Thanks

Dang, looks like a lot great folks are coming out again this year, and I'm gonna miss meeting a bunch of cowboys I've wanted to shoot with for many years. Ruff, you and Drover just keep em coming. Maybe by next year I'll be up and running again. It's a great shoot everybody, so keep the word on the trail and get more cowpokes a coming.

1 hour ago, lickskillet charlie said:

There fixed it fer ya.......:P:D

Hey thanks, Lick.

I almost had that young feller talked into selling me your rifle for 10 Yankee dollars. But he wanted me to throw in Ole Blue Eyes.

Well you KNOW that was a deal breaker. So that's how your rifle is still your rifle.

Waimea

The sheep are all in a row and I have the go ahead from the Outlaw Princess (Mrs Waimea).

App and gold dust will be on the Pony Express in the morn.

YEEEHAAAA!

Waimea

I checked the weather forecast.  This year it calls for 75 degrees, clear skies and light breezes that only blow when BP shooters are firing!

A complete opposite of last year! It literally poured until exactly the moment of the very last shot. And I thoroughly enjoyed every second of that shoot.

Hey, Ruff!!  I'm all up in the air right now with the schedule for the band and Miss Schoolmarm's travel schedule.  Will you be accepting entries as late as the last week??

Blackwater.  I am not the one who has to sort the paperwork and deal with all of the entries.  Knob Creek Drover is stuck with that job....so I will say sure! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Damn!  Damn! Six damns!!  Doctor has me off my feet for six to eight weeks.  Next week will be three!!  Y'all have a great time and throw one back for me!!

On 3/30/2017 at 7:17 PM, Michigan Slim said:

A complete opposite of last year! It literally poured until exactly the moment of the very last shot. And I thoroughly enjoyed every second of that shoot.

You're right Slim, but they did a great job of keeping us dry. I won't be able to go this year but hope y'all have a great match

Randy

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Damn!  Damn! Six damns!!  Doctor has me off my feet for six to eight weeks.  Next week will be three!!  Y'all have a great time and throw one back for me!!

Blackwater, what happened? hope your recovery goes well. Had my surgery last week but recovery is going well.

Randy

18 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Sorry to hear, Blackwater.

I always have fun with you around.

See you at Black Gold!

Waimea

If I ain't dead or in jail, you can bet the farm on that, my friend!!

Archived