SASS Wire Forum

Riding the Bourbon Trail

Ruff Kut

The Knob Creek Gunfighters Guild will be hosting our Annual Match "Riding the Bourbon Trail '17"!

This will be an 8 stage main match on the fifth weekend in April. Side matches, Wild Bunch and Plainsman will shoot on Friday the 28th and an eight stage main match will be shot on Saturday the 29th. You might not win a buckle or a trophy, but in keeping with the match theme there will be plenty of KY's finest given out as match prizes! Hope you come out and join us!

We are working on getting the webpage updated with the application and info. Until then shoot us an e-mail at:

Knobcreekgunfightersguild@gmail.com

and I will send you the app asap.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEE-HAW! Some Good Times to be had for all. Everybody gets a free lunch of Kentucky Burgoo (it's a stew of some fine mystery meats) and all the fixin's. If you email me at rlwilsonwindows@aol.com, we can get you an Application and Information Sheet. All the side matches and side shoots are included is the overall fee, so you could say they are "Free". I hope to see ya'll there!

Knob Creek Drover

You might not win a buckle or a trophy

One of my favorite trophies is a washer on a string presented to me by Head Hillbilly - Whiskey Creek Johnson.

I 'spose whiskey would be a good prize too.

Got any Outlaws lurking about up there?

Waimea

Waimea, I think we will have a couple of folks that shoot Outlaw! You wouldn't be alone for sure. I hope we get the man, the legend, Whiskey Creek himself to come shoot.

Marshal,

We are trying to get the page updated but having a few bugs. You can e-mail drover or send us an e-mail to the club at Knobcreekgunfightersguild@gmail.com

We will get you an application and info sheet asap. Come on up and drag Lickskillet Charlie with you!

Waimea, this is a great bunch of folks and there should be a few Outlaws there. I have heard nothing but good things about the match. I would be going except I will be helping Lady T at the NRA convention. Seems like the same thing happened last year. A lot the same Cowboys and Ladies that will be at Black Gold again this year.

Last year was my first time there and it was a good match. It rained all day but they did such a good job of putting up canopies and covers that you didn't get wet, you or your guns. They did give away quite a bit of adult refreshment at the awards

Randy

Ruff Kut my ears were burning i knew either you or dat Krazy Kajun was talking bout me. :lol: After Texas with all my shenanagins with Wa-enema and Kajun , i'ze

been lay'n low for a while... :o Iff'n ya dont mind you or Drover shoot me an app @ lickskilletcharlie@hotmail.com. See ya in Florida in March.Bring some smoke :P

Hey Mr. Skillet,

As soon as I get off work, I will send you an app and info sheet. Up here there is thing call The Frazier Firearm's Museum. They have arms all the way back to......well, almost China, but, they have a lot of different weapons and arms from all ages, and they have more than just some engraved "western" and Historical Western guns (they have an engraved rifle owned by President Teddy Roosevelt....just saying for an example) that will make you drool. So, bring plenty of tissues to wipe the glass with. It was down right embarrassing how many tissues I went through the first time I went. It is only 2 blocks off a major interstate. And, it is only 4 or 5 blocks from The Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum. And, ya'll gonna get tired of me saying "and", it is only blocks away from the "headwaters" of the Bourbon Trail. There is an actual Bourbon Trail set up by all the distilleries around here. It is cool. You just gotta be careful, because it wouldn't take much not to remember much. And, if you are gonna sample more than a bit, it is best to bring a designated driver. I would volunteer, but, I like bourbon to much. :P

We 'Preciate Ya!

Knob Creek Drover

And, we got Knob Creek Gun Range that has one of nicest gun shops you will ever be in. Notice I didn't say THE NICEST - just one of the nicest. The Sumner Family runs it (well they run and own the whole thing - Gun Shop; Main Gun Range (they are host to two world famous Machine Gun Shoots (April/October), and several smaller gun ranges on the same properly reserved for different cubs.) Kenny Sumner is the operating manager and has worked with us since 1998 allowing us to have one of the prettiest little valleys to shoot in you ever saw.

Thanks for stopping by,

Knob Creek Drover

I seem to be getting some pressure to shoot down there again. Mr. Boss Outlaw has not hit the PIMA stage but is planning some shoots that are mandatory for me to attend this year.

"But Slim..... you won first place in Cowboy! How many times have you done THAT?" Once. Just once.

Great shoot for sure!

Ruff Kut my ears were burning i knew either you or dat Krazy Kajun was talking bout me. :lol: After Texas with all my shenanagins with Wa-enema and Kajun , i'ze

been lay'n low for a while... :o Iff'n ya dont mind you or Drover shoot me an app @ lickskilletcharlie@hotmail.com. See ya in Florida in March.Bring some smoke :P

If'n Lickskillet's gonna pretend he's comin' to this match I guess I can too. :lol:

Send me the info boys, I'll see what I can do.

waimea@outlawbullets.com

Waimea

PS Ole Blue Eyes has been asking for ya Lick. :lol:

If'n Lickskillet's gonna pretend he's comin' to this match I guess I can too. :lol:

Send me the info boys, I'll see what I can do.

waimea@outlawbullets.com

Waimea

PS Ole Blue Eyes has been asking for ya Lick. :lol:

I'ze gunna be coming Wa-Enema,now iff'n you and dat Kajun don't gang up on me :o I think Ol Blue Eyes likes the Florida warm weather better than up north of ya. :lol::lol::lol:

You going to drag Cullen and Barkeep up with you?

Ruff Kut, a chance to be on the road and get into trouble with skittles sounds good to me, count me in. I will try my best to make it. BTW Charlie and my ETA might be a little delayed, due to the fact he has to get me married off at a local Hooters when we travel together.

Ruff Kut, a chance to be on the road and get into trouble with skittles sounds good to me, count me in. I will try my best to make it. BTW Charlie and my ETA might be a little delayed, due to the fact he has to get me married off at a local Hooters when we travel together.

Cullen, does your new wife look like a doll, kinda short of stature, have an affinity fer rasslin' and first name start with a B? If so I have a video that might interest you :)

(How's that fer stirring the pot Skittles? :) )

Kajun

Cullen, does your new wife look like a doll, kinda short of stature, have an affinity fer rasslin' and first name start with a B? If so I have a video that might interest you :)

Kajun

Now Kajun, I am a good friend. I could never hurt Sklittles by stabbing him in the back and hooking up with his ex wife. Deep down i know he still has feeling for her the way she does for him. The video that was taken captured the pure beauty of a perfect wedding all the way down to a drunkin pastor. I know Charlie doesn't talk about it but if we push enough he might just rekindle the relationship. A video may be in order... two can play this game :D

Kajun

Kajun you need to stay in yer re-load'n room and keep pratc'in chok'n yer chick'n ye got in Texas :o:lol::lol::lol:

Now Kajun, I am a good friend. I could never hurt Sklittles by stabbing him in the back and hooking up with his ex wife. Deep down i know he still has feeling for her the way she does for him. The video that was taken captured the pure beauty of a perfect wedding all the way down to a drunkin pastor. I know Charlie doesn't talk about it but if we push enough he might just rekindle the relationship. A video may be in order... two can play this game :D

Bare Butt keep it up,i know of several dating sites i will sighn u up for...... :P:D:D:D

Kajun you need to stay in yer re-load'n room and keep pratc'in chok'n yer chick'n ye got in Texas :o:lol::lol::lol:

Do you use that same mouth to kiss your sweet wife Bertha's lips? 😉

Kajun

Hey Kajun,

Did you dodge those high winds yesterday? I sure hope so. We don't need no Kajuns waking up and saying "We ain't in Georgia, no more!"

Hope you and yours are Safe,

KCD

Thanks for your concern mon ami. We are in Pontchatoula now so we missed the GA weather but have had plenty of our own here. We'll be back in GA soon.

Kajun

Do you use that same mouth to kiss your sweet wife Bertha's lips?

Kajun

Hey Kajun,

I ran into Bertha's cousin Myrtle May she lives here in Chattanooga and found out charlie and i are friends. She wants a go with Skittles so I invited her to Black Gold with us. I bet they will have a heck of a good time.

Cullen

And, we are going to have a stage we will shoot all year. The most improved shooter will win an award. We just won't tell anyone which stage it is until further into the year. :ph34r:

And, we are asking to have as many applications sent prior to the shoot as possible. It helps with figuring out how many shooters we are going have. We would hate to run out of Bourbon. :wacko::o:P Our awards we are giving out for Category Winners are going to be pretty unique. We are honoring the first 3 Place with an award and a bottle of the bourbon.

And, you can begin practicing for the Bigger Shoots coming.....like Black Gold. A world class shoot put on by World Class People!

Come down to "The Creek"....the purdiest little valley you ever did see!

KCD

KY Windbreaker will be shooting FCD for sure. Not positive who else will be so far. Fire-n-Fallback, will be shooting Frontiersman I am sure. Cleve and Lets Go are full of surprises and may show up in FCD.

Marshal (and for anyone else),

I sent the application and info sheet. There is no camping on the range. There is a campground on the Salt River that is less than 10 miles from the range. I have not personally been there so I hesitate to recommend it sight unseen. Our monthly match is next weekend and I plan on going by the campground to check it out then. I will post any updates, rates, opinions etc here as soon as I take a look first hand.

RK

App for Frontiersman in the Mail.

Will the match have a sponsored motel/hotel?

Hopefully,near the KY Bourbon Trail!!

Thirstily Yours,

Amarillo Rattler

Marshal (and for anyone else),

I sent the application and info sheet. There is no camping on the range. There is a campground on the Salt River that is less than 10 miles from the range. I have not personally been there so I hesitate to recommend it sight unseen. Our monthly match is next weekend and I plan on going by the campground to check it out then. I will post any updates, rates, opinions etc here as soon as I take a look first hand.

RK

Need a campground with shower and flush toilet.

I know, I am spoiled.

I wait with baited breath.

No Kajun I didn't eat no worms.

Waimea

Need a campground with shower and flush toilet.

I know, I am spoiled.

I wait with baited breath.

No Kajun I didn't eat no worms.

Waimea

I figured the only reason you'd have baited breath is you've been hanging around wif ole Lickskillet Charlie and other night crawlers ^_^:lol:

Kajun

Archived