SASS Wire Forum

Angel and the Bad Man - The Lou Diamond Phillips version

Warden Callaway

http://youtu.be/K9VAgM0iJi4

Why did they bother? The script was substantially the same. The setting was in some snowy mountainous area. The Quakers were store owners. Most of the scenes were at night and inside. The rancher that was holding up the water turned into a hotel owner that the Quakers rented from. The musical score never sounded right.

I guess if you'd never seen the original, maybe you'd think it was ok.

Edited by Warden Callaway

I liked it, the original was better of course but I like Lou Diamond Phillips and Luke Perry! :)

Luke Perry's hat style ain't PERIOD CORRECT...

:P

No hat style is "period correct" if you ain't city folks!! <_<:rolleyes:

I liked it, the original was better of course but I like Lou Diamond Phillips and Luke Perry! :)

I thought Lou did a very credible job. They must of had a heat shortage. Did you notice when inside buildings you could see their breath. In the saloon scene, they must of had portable heaters for the girls wearing sleeveless gowns while sitting at the table but, when Lou goes up to the bar you can see his and the bartenders breath. It was filmed near Vancouver, BC

I enjoyed it. I'll probably drop down a bit in popularity (if that's even possible) for saying this, but Lou Diamond Phillips is a much better actor than John Wayne so that really helped the movie out.

Sorry folks. This is the one John Wayne movie that I intensely disliked. It appears to pander to the libtards and displays a clear lack of common sense on the part of Wayne's character. He knows full well that he is not only in danger but is being hunted by killers. Even so, he disarms himself to give in to the idiotic ideas of the female protagonist that guns are inherently bad. As a result, Wayne nearly gets himself killed at least twice by being unable to defend himself. Of course, at the end he is saved by a plot device of a handy sheriff who isn't seen until he miraculously shoots the bad guys to protect Wayne. Even after all that, Wayne and company ride off in a buckboard and Wayne throws away his guns.

Dear God! What a load of bull feces! I can't believe that I actually watched the whole thing.

Warhorse

• Like 1

At some point, the west tamed and men stopped carrying for a fight that could happen at any time. But, the plot of either movie was not likely, though the love of a good woman probably expedited the civilized life in the west.

With that said, there is no movie that LDP could ever remake that would outdo the Duke. Gail Russell was at her best (thought she also good in Wake of the Red Witch).

The final shootout in the original could have been better, but the rest of the movie is one of my favorites. I prefer movies that have some of the real life, like farming or mining, rather than all saloons and countless gunfights.

The girl was a Friend. Weapons are against their religion.

Calling it "pandering to her idiotic ideas" is like saying that NOT serving pork chops to your Jrwish company is "pandering to their idiotic ideas" about what is edible.

Not cool.