SASS Wire Forum

Not sure yet? But I think I just bought one of these! Pics weren't very good but looked like that's what was on the side plate.

Can't what to get it.

Anyone know what brand choke tubes these use, as it only has the one in it.

R,R,R,

You don't know what you bought?

An "1887" should be a lever action shotgun.

Forget using chokes for CAS.

Cap's race gun '87 lever will be marked so on the lower left side of the frame and inside on the hammer.

The lever marking will show the serial number of his mod, as this goes into a log book he keeps with him.

OLG

You don't know what you bought?

An "1887" should be a lever action shotgun.

Forget using chokes for CAS.

It is a lever action shotgun. Just not sure its a Coyote Cap Special Edition gun.

Sounds like the clasic, "Pig in a poke." ;>}

Not really Warden. It looks like it says Coyote Cap Special Edition on the side of the receiver. Didn't have time to contact sell before action ended.

Cap's race gun '87 lever will be marked so on the lower left side of the frame and inside on the hammer.

The lever marking will show the serial number of his mod, as this goes into a log book he keeps with him.

OLG

Thanks Gritz, Looked like it's the real thing from the pics. Even if it's not bought it right.

Thanks Gritz, Looked like it's the real thing from the pics. Even if it's not bought it right.

Just like the 97 pump-Drive that '87 like you stole it.

Neither run 'rite' when you're easy with'em.

OLG

I ran across it in a gunshop nearly new with box, papers and choke tubes. It was underpriced by a lot. I bought it for traiding and did.

Didn't need a third one but price was right. Already have a Lasiter IAC, and a Chiappa with nothing done to it Yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Yáll

Ive been inventorying my pa's guns. He has a very lightly used Coyote Cap 1887, with the box, proper markings etc. What is an approximate value for this. I just looked at Cap's website so I know retail price.

Thanks

Imis

And this is not an offer to sell, just info gathering at this time so I know Im not in the right thread