SASS Wire Forum

Alliant Black MZ

I just got two cans of Alliant Black MZ, has anyone used this and what is your experience with this.

Also I have been looking for Winchester AA light powder it gives loads that duplicates the feather light shell. Did Winchester discontinue this powder, I really like it.

Lefty

Alliant Muzzle MZ: I use it for out-of-town matches as it is not very hydroscopic and does not rust my shotgun. It is fairly coarse. I find it comparable to APP FFg. Until recently Sportsmans Warehouse sold it for $10 a bottle. I stocked up.

I use BlackMZ all of 2016. Used it in 32-20, 38 Special, C45S and shotgun loads.

I found it like cheating. The guns ran clean with no goopy black powder lubes. Cleans up easy with no rush. Cases clean easy with just a soak in water, let dry, then vibration cleaner.

It appears to be stronger than black. I kept cutting my charges down and still had plenty of power.

Sportsman Warehouse had it for $9.95/lb but have been out for months.

Basically Black MZ is just repackaged APP. After months of $10.00 per bottle prices the local Sportsman's Warehouse hasn't had any for the past several weeks. I hope the gravy train hasn't ended.

Great sub IMHO! Have been using it in 45 Colt, 45 CS and shotgun. Oh yea......works well in my small cannon as well!

Basically Black MZ is just repackaged APP. After months of $10.00 per bottle prices the local Sportsman's Warehouse hasn't had any for the past several weeks. I hope the gravy train hasn't ended.

+1 Same here at our local Sportsmans Warehouse!

Gave it a try in a 45-120 Q-Sharps. A full charge with 1/16" compression and one milk carton wad under a 535g Layman and no Greese cookie shoots 2" five shot groups at 100 yards without swabbing between shots. I have not ran it over the Chrony yet but it feels more energetic than Pyrodex or Goex.