SASS Wire Forum

Quick change press mounting system. Anyone have one?

Sedalia Dave

I use their strong mount for my SDB and really like it. It is made well and when I compared it to Dillion's I thought it was a better value for the same money. Stumbled upon this looking for something else and was wondering if anyone else had one.

BTW Their Customer Service is every bit as good as Dillion's

Quick change press mounting system. One mount, countless uses.

Edited by Sedalia Dave

Does being mounted on 2X4's, then C-Clamped to my workmate count?? Both my Lee Turret and Shotgun presses are mounted this way.

I do... I mount each press to a 3/4 inch piece of plywood. The sides of the plywood are angled at about 15 deg. The bench top is a double layer - one layer of 3/4 with a second mounted on top. However, there are "slots" in the second top which is basically strips of 3/4 ply, cut with the "slots" out - to accept my press mounting plate. I have "blank" plates to fit it, so I can have a flat top work bench.

You wouldn't have to do a complete second top and could just reverse mount a mounting plate on each side to make a slot.

I have several mec jr's, lee progressives, and single stage presses mounted like this. Been using it for 10 years or more, works great.

• Like 1

I built a stand that has a 12 x 12 inch top. Have 2 dillion 550's, a Lee turret press, and a Lyman

bullet sizer mounted on that top. It is mounted to my bench with a single bolt. I can rotate it to bring the desired press to the front. Have been using it for years and it works great. I have no money in it

at all as I built it from scrap material I had on hand. I planned to attach photos but Photo

Bucket wouldn't cooperate. If interested shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send pics and

dimensions

I have been using this for several years.

I have a 550, a 650 Mec, a rock chucker and 2 lube sizers on plates.

I really like it.

http://www.patmarlins.com/product/rockdock-docking-mount/

I use a Lee Bench Plate. I have wood bases (1X6) made for 2 Lee presses, a MEC 600 and 2 Lubesizers. When I bought mine the bases were made of wood, now they sell steel bases.

http://leeprecision.com/bench-plate.html

I have the Inline Fabrication tall stand with interchangeable plates. I have three SDBs and a rockchucker on insert plates, ready to drop in and go. I love it.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

I bit the bullet and ordered enough to set up for 2 presses and a lube-a-sizer.

I have tried several of the other methods listed and have not been happy with them. Biggest issue is storage. Space is premium in my reloading room.

Was bolting to the bench using captive nuts but my latest press has the mounting bolts too close to the edge of the bench for this method.

I like having my SDB elevated and standing while loading. Looking forward to trying to load rifle rounds from an elevated press.