SASS Wire Forum

New Grip Stocks for my S&W "Mountain Gun"

Today I received new Altamont rosewood grip stocks for my S&W model 625-9 "Mountain Gun." I do like the way these stocks look, but even better, the revolver seems to point more accurately than the original Hogue black rubber stocks. I hope they also improve my shooting this revolver. Now I need to get to the range and find out.

My new Altamont "S&W N Round Conversion Target Super Rosewood Checkered Engraved" grip stocks.

ChJsJ3.jpg

L9M1Y6.jpg

4JmKWl.jpg

95pyZN.jpg

Purty ain't they? :wub:

Altamont's website:

http://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/smith_and_wesson/

Edited by Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663

Wow! Mucho purdy. Makes me wish I had not sold my Mt Gun. Durnit.

Birdgun,

That looks very nice. Classy!

I love Altamont grips. I have bought 3 sets now and I am very pleased with them. I have a set of the fleur de lis "slim" grips on my old model Ruger Vaquero .45 with a 7.5" barrel in Silver and Black. Changed the way that gun feels when you shoot it and it is so much nicer now. I plan to get a set of the rosewood grips for my S&W model 36 soon.

Yes, you do need to get out and shoot that revolver. Have fun! :)

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748

They are purdy....think I'll take a gander at the smooth version for the .44

Sam, Altamont target grips are more narrow than the factory S&W target grips found on those Smith revolvers back in the 70's. You may or may not like the narrower grips.

I like em. I generally prefer walnut to rosewood, but on your gun they look amazing.

Redwood, I like walnut also. Here are Altamont "Smith and Wesson J Square Fingergroove Super Walnut Checkered Fleur-de-Lis" grip stocks on my S&W model 34-1 "Kit Gun." The original Magna stocks were too small and these stocks were a big improvement to shooting this .22LR revolver.

SJcOx9.jpg

iPuVoX.jpg

Redwood, I like walnut also. Here are Altamont "Smith and Wesson J Square Fingergroove Super Walnut Checkered Fleur-de-Lis" grip stocks on my S&W model 34-1 "Kit Gun." The original Magna stocks were too small and these stocks were a big improvement to shooting this .22LR revolver.

SJcOx9.jpg

iPuVoX.jpg

Uncle Quail,

That's my favorite pistol..... :D

I hope my favorite Uncle is doing well..... ;)

..........Widder

Uncle Quail,

That's my favorite pistol..... :D

I hope my favorite Uncle is doing well..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder, I'm doing very well. Thanks for asking. I was happy to hear the most recent liable and perjury charges against you have been dismissed. :P;):lol:

Yea, that was a 'testy' one, for sure. I regret the family has disowned me and therefore, I probably won't be eligible for any inheritance..... :D

Anyhow, I can atleast say that my favorite Uncle has great taste in pistols AND wood grips..... ;)

..........Widder