SASS Wire Forum

Dillon is the best

Red Rider Rudy

Great service from these folks. Have called and received small stuff before, but sent the press back to be fixed and gone over. Received today it's new other then a couple off parts.

This was a 450 with 550 upper frame that I bought off Ebay 6 years ago. Best part is all I paid was to ship it to them! I will always buy Dillon.

You hear about how good they are, but when it's your stuff it makes you fell good to get such Great Service!

To the Dillon Folks THANKS Red Rider Rudy

Not for Holy Black :angry:

Great service from these folks. Have called and received small stuff before, but sent the press back to be fixed and gone over. Received today it's new other then a couple off parts.

This was a 450 with 550 upper frame that I bought off Ebay 6 years ago. Best part is all I paid was to ship it to them! I will always buy Dillon.

You hear about how good they are, but when it's your stuff it makes you fell good to get such Great Service!

To the Dillon Folks THANKS Red Rider Rudy

+10

Just recently had issues with my powder measure on an SDB. Called, sent it back, received brand new one. And--they included the large magnum powder bar as well and a new fail safe rod. They have always treated me well. My machine is over 25-30 years old and was bought used also.

Never knew I wasn't supposed to load Black Powder on my 550.....I've loaded many thousands of 44-40's with no issues.

I am not going to tell my Dillon that it isn't supposed to do that!

Bugler

Interesting. Glad to hear it even though Dillon said not to load BP. What do you all do to make it safe?

A ground wire might help, but I generally have my left hand on the press as it makes it easier on my back, so the potential between the press and I should be equal, hopefully eliminating any static charge. Assuming static would set off BP, which I don't believe anyway. I hear stories of primer tubes on presses blowing up, and guns blowing up, but I have still to hear of anyone setting off a BP charge on their press. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but if I wanted to be perfectly safe I wouldn't be a shooter.

To the OP's original comment....yes Dillon's Customer Service NO B.S. policy is legendary!

Bugler

even though Dillon said not to load BP. What do you all do to make it safe?

I load BP by using a Lyman 55 BP measure and cycle the rotor by hand every case. That removes any steel parts from the powder measure, and I'm pretty confident that it is safe for how I load.

Good luck, GJ