SASS Wire Forum

Timers?

kolakowski kid

I have the pocket pro and I like it and it has served me well for a few years but if I had it to do again, I think I would buy the pact club timer just because it displays the first shot and last split right in the main screen. I think the pocket pro 2 does that also but not sure.

I have the Pact 3 timer. I like the hold then release to start for the button. The other I see around the local clubs are he pocket pro 2. Both are great and have a ton of features.

For short dry fire sessions where par times are needed, I just use my iPhone and the free shot timer app.

Hi Kid,

I bought a Pocket Pro, it was nice and had a lot of features but when it came time to change the battery,

it wouldn't come off the terminals and the little plastic shroud ripped pulling the battery off. I sent it back to Competition Electronics

and they fixed it but it wasn't cheap.

If you could find a timer that uses round batteries and not the 9 volt; I think you would be better off.

Mo Dern

I have the Pocket Pro 2 and it will do everything you need except dry fire.

I have the Pact 3 timer. I like the hold then release to start for the button. The other I see around the local clubs are he pocket pro 2. Both are great and have a ton of features.

For short dry fire sessions where par times are needed, I just use my iPhone and the free shot timer app.

Totes Magoats, I can't get any phone app to work for dry fire?? What app are you using I would love to have something that will work for dry fire.

i purchased the Competition Pro.. The gray one.. It might be the pocket Pro 2??

It's not in front of me so can't quite remember the total name..

It will time a stage..

If you want to take off the last shot.. (Maybe error was made on the stage)

You can see the last shot and every shot.. If you position the timer correctly..

It will show split times on a string of shots..

It has "Par timing " for dry fire practice..

Me?? Myself?? I like the buzzer to go off on " button push" instead of "button release"..

Rance ;)

Thinkin everybody has their favorite features.. :)

Got a smart phone? There are shot timer apps. I have one, it works well and it's free.

Edited by Ranger Clayton Conagher #43872
  • Like 1

Totes Magoats, I can't get any phone app to work for dry fire?? What app are you using I would love to have something that will work for dry fire.

The timer won't register the shots when dry firing. I just use it as a par timer. for instance, I set it 6 seconds, hit start and try to get 4 shotgun shells, pulled, dry fired and shucked before it reaches zero and beeps.

Totes

• Like 1

I prefer the Pocket Pro, the tone of the beep on a Pact is different and much of the time I can't hear it. Don't have any problem hearing the Pocket Pro and it also has the Par time feature to use when dry firing

Randy

Most of the clubs here use the Competition Electronics brand. I bought a PACT just to be able to identify my personal timer from one owned by the club. Both brands work. I would get another PACT if something happened to this one, just because I'm used to it. I like the "beep on release" function, and it has the usual beep delay, shot review, and par time functions as well.

Midway has the CE on sale at the moment if you need to save a few bucks.

Edited by J-BAR #18287