SASS Wire Forum

Grizzly Dave-Help!

Noz

Griz, My daughter went to Hawaii and took some spectacular footage with a 5 or 6 year old go pro. They used a new multi-mega giga something card. Only after they got home did they discover that the card should have been formatted prior to use. The video they have can be viewed on the go pro its self but they cannot down load it to any other platform.

I talked to J-Bar and he said you would be the man that would know how to get them out of their problem.

Thoughts?

Well, best I could say is to have them google 'recover go pro storage' or some such and see what they can find that matches the problem they got. Seem to be several free ware tools that claim to be able to recover files and such.

Best of luck,

Noz, Have them find someone that has a computer running LINUX and see if it will recognize the card.

Windows machines only read a few select disk formats and wants to format media that it doesn't recognize. A LINUX box will read many more file formats and may be able to recover the files.

Edited by Sedalia Dave

I would try viewing it in the GoPro Studio (GoPro's free computer software). If you can view it there, you should be able to export it to another file type to be able to view it on other devices.

I have three cheap action cameras. They all make the same file format. But one can only be read in by Windows Movie Maker. I bring in in to edit and then file it back out as a new file. Then my Adobe Premiere Elements software will take it. Most rezacravating!