SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout 2017!

Joe and Bo have been on the road for a while, figure there were quite a few registrations arrived while they were gone, quite on all fronts it seems.

Yeah but ya gots ta know that the wheels are a turnin inside the twisted mind of Whiskey Creek Johnson. They got sum strange stuff in the land down under and he'll be abrangin sum of them iders from there for the Olimpkins.

Kajun

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WCJ don't need no inspiration for those events!! That mind is so twisted and diabolical them folks down under will likely be a calming influence!! :unsure::wacko::lol::lol:

Howdy all, we just made it back from a scouting trip down to Florida. Had to check out the weather and all, for these matches they are throwing in a few days. I ran into 4or 5 shooters that are working on secret weapons, ain't shore what that means but that's what they said.

If my buddy Whiskey Creek comes back with a swing y'all better watch out. It could be bad.

Boy's I heard from ol Whiskey Creek last night he said, "you think riding in a truck for 12 hours gives you time to think just set on a plane for 12 hours at night". It is untelling what he will come up with for the Olympics!

Monica said we are about a third of the way to our 200 cut off, in February! It's going to be gooder then ever don't miss out. Can't wait to see all our friends again!!

Copperhead!! Remind Monica to hold a spot fer me 'n' Hatfield!!

Boy's I heard from ol Whiskey Creek last night he said, "you think riding in a truck for 12 hours gives you time to think just set on a plane for 12 hours at night". It is untelling what he will come up with for the Olympics!

Monica said we are about a third of the way to our 200 cut off, in February! It's going to be gooder then ever don't miss out. Can't wait to see all our friends again!!

Save me a spot, Copperhead, and I will pay you cash money when you're in Florida next month.

Usual accommodations for me.

Waimea

Sounds a lot like

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

That's sounds more like something Becky would say while she's listening to a bunch of us yakkin'!! :lol::lol::lol:

Did I just get called Whimpy? :o

Waimea

Some one that didn't understand the reference.

Did I just get called Whimpy? :o

Waimea

Would we do that????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

With all this talk about hamburgers on Tuesday inspired me to take advantage of this weather we having to revamp the Black Gold kitchen. I know that is dear to most of y'all's heart. Got to keep the cooks happy, when they happy we all happy. This retirement time is good. I' m going to have to slow down so that my friends will have something to do when show up early! As if there would ever be nothing to do at Black Gold!!!

With all this talk about hamburgers on Tuesday inspired me to take advantage of this weather we having to revamp the Black Gold kitchen. I know that is dear to most of y'all's heart. Got to keep the cooks happy, when they happy we all happy. This retirement time is good. I' m going to have to slow down so that my friends will have something to do when show up early! As if there would ever be nothing to do at Black Gold!!!

Long as the gals still count me as welcome in the kitchen!! :wub: I really like to come up and cook for evabody!! ;):lol::lol::lol:

hi everyone! am sitting here in New Zealand, relaxing and thinking about Black Gold. Figure this years dessert...update your moms or grand moms best dessert recipe! Don't matter what it is. Am really sorry past judges but have been approached with others who want to do judging. Will still have snack wars, brew wars and the very popular grilling wars. Anything goes!

No hillbilly spelling b or tall tales. Just not enough folks entering and only have so much time. Sorry!

Copperhead's been working on the range, Whiskeys been locked up in the shop, except for trip. There's no telling what he has up his sleeve. Like one cowgirl said last year," that Whiskey could tell everyone to get down on all fours and bark and they'd do it". Hummmmm.....

hi everyone! am sitting here in New Zealand, relaxing and thinking about Black Gold. Figure this years dessert...update your moms or grand moms best dessert recipe! Don't matter what it is. Am really sorry past judges but have been approached with others who want to do judging. Will still have snack wars, brew wars and the very popular grilling wars. Anything goes!

No hillbilly spelling b or tall tales. Just not enough folks entering and only have so much time. Sorry!

Copperhead's been working on the range, Whiskeys been locked up in the shop, except for trip. There's no telling what he has up his sleeve. Like one cowgirl said last year," that Whiskey could tell everyone to get down on all fours and bark and they'd do it". Hummmmm.....

YADA YADA

Am really sorry past judges but have been approached with others who want to do judging.

YADA YADA

Holy red velvet cake!

Did I just read that the former distinguished panel of Judges were fired en masse?

Or did some of the judges get their just desserts?

This trip to NZ is producing some strange thinking. Kind of upside down thinking.

Waimea

Waimea, don't think of yourselves as fired, think of it as an election and you all lost. :lol:

Waimea, don't think of yourselves as fired, think of it as an election and you all lost. :lol:

Wonder if there is a recipe out there for snowflake cake.

Kajun

Slap in the face to the established Judges. The positions are as highly regarded as the Supreme Court, and are appointed as such. The only way you leave the Court is to die.

Last time I checked, we were all alive and kicking. And since we had no turnover in the powers that be our jobs should still be there in July when the Court reconvenes.

But I guess the world traveler can do as she pleases!

Wonder if there is a recipe out there for snowflake cake.

Kajun

You need to be pistol-whipped.

And I say that in the friendliest way possible. Lol ... no really.

I never had a chance to campaign or even bribe my way into an exception.

I will graciously make myself available as a Consulting Judge should the need arise especially if one of the new "judges" meet with an accident. ESPECIALLY if his last name starts with ka and ends with jun.

I have to agree with Judge em All Duncan (whose alias begins with... Well you know)

JUDGES FOR LIFE.

Waimea

Slap in the face to the established Judges. The positions are as highly regarded as the Supreme Court, and are appointed as such. The only way you leave the Court is to die.

Last time I checked, we were all alive and kicking. And since we had no turnover in the powers that be our jobs should still be there in July when the Court reconvenes.

But I guess the world traveler can do as she pleases!

What he said!

:angry:

Having served only one year as a "brew judge" I would gladly do it again, but I assure you I will be sampling brews this Black Gold even if it is on an unofficial basis.

Iron Maiden is sitting down under laughing and laughing.

Kajun, I am looking for that recipe for Snowflake Cake.

"Having served only one year as a "brew judge" I would gladly do it again, but I assure you I will be sampling brews this Black Gold even if it is on an unofficial basis."

Mongo - we will tip a few together. And remember the good old days when we were held in high esteem.

OK we were NEVER held in high esteem but we had our dignity...

OK maybe not dignity but.....

I got nothin

Iron Maiden is sitting down under laughing and laughing.

Kajun, I am looking for that recipe for Snowflake Cake.

Put a snowball in the oven at 350 for 3 seconds. Ready to serve.

W

I think my eclectic Kajun pallette would be of some use as a dessert judge.....(hint hint Iron Maiden) ;):P

Kajun

I assume that would be over Ice with whiskey back?

NEVER pollute good whiskey with ice (or anything else).

Badlands: All good BG judges are at least half in the wrapper. That's where the impartial part comes from.

Kajun as a dessert judge?

I fear for your life. :o

Waimea

I will throw my delicate body on the fire and volunteer as an unpaid Copperhead Juice judge. I will sample every batch made to insure that the quality remains at the highest level.

I do this out of the goodness of my heart so that you can be assured that every sip has the Noz seal of approval.

NOZ!! You are an upstanding, (Most of the time) citizen!! I commend your willingness to serve!!!

Waimea, the snowflake cake was over ice, the whiskey is straight up of course.

I will throw my delicate body on the fire and volunteer as an unpaid Copperhead Juice judge. I will sample every batch made to insure that the quality remains at the highest level.

I do this out of the goodness of my heart so that you can be assured that every sip has the Noz seal of approval.

Even THOR would be proud of you..... ;)

..........Widder

Archived