SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout 2017!

​Woo Hoo!! I'm coming, and bringing the Air War Wagon with me :ph34r:

Entry will be on the one legged pony express tomorrow

Chicken Scratch

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let the" trashing" and deal making begin! I was thinking this morning, I know that is usually not a good thing, but we all know how much fun we have, just good folks having fun, but has anyone thought of just how many World Class Shooters we had last year!! Including THE MEN'S WORLD OVERALL CHAMPION!

Let the" trashing" and deal making begin! I was thinking this morning, I know that is usually not a good thing, but we all know how much fun we have, just good folks having fun, but has anyone thought of just how many World Class Shooters we had last year!! Including THE MEN'S WORLD OVERALL CHAMPION!

Joe!! A couple of years ago, you and I shot on a posse at Black Gold together. There were 14 or 15 shooters on our posse alone. Among those shooters were 9 (NINE) current or former category World Champions. Aside from those, there was the current National Champion Duelist, a State Champion FCGF, and a State Champion Outlaw!! There were only two shooters on that posse that had never held a championship, and one of those was a new shooter!!

We had more fun and clowned and picked on one another the whole match!! I can't remember EVER seeing so many truly GREAT shooting strings nor as many laughs and good times at a match!!

You folks have to keep reminding yourselves!! THIS IS A PARTY!! We shoot just to have something to do between meals and other fun stuff!!!

Joe!! A couple of years ago, you and I shot on a posse at Black Gold together. There were 14 or 15 shooters on our posse alone. Among those shooters were 9 (NINE) current or former category World Champions. Aside from those, there was the current National Champion Duelist, a State Champion FCGF, and a State Champion Outlaw!! There were only two shooters on that posse that had never held a championship, and one of those was a new shooter!!

We had more fun and clowned and picked on one another the whole match!! I can't remember EVER seeing so many truly GREAT shooting strings nor as many laughs and good times at a match!!

You folks have to keep reminding yourselves!! THIS IS A PARTY!! We shoot just to have something to do between meals and other fun stuff!!!

Ain't no better place to "let yer hair down" than Black Gold! :D

There it is folks, straight from the one who the poles were installed for.

Shoot, he is s pole mechanic! :)

Kajun

You reckon Doc Eels will make it this year??

There are some that think it might be time for new judges. Not me of course but I hear things you know like voices and things.

That's dead people and you should really stop listening to them. LOL

Waimea

In Kentucky the elections not over until the dead have voted as they say. We are talking East Kentucky after all.

When you see him, tell him I asked!!

Ain't no better place to "let yer hair down" than Black Gold! :D

Dang Titus, you just had to go there didn't you? Last time I let my hair down it didn't come back.

Since you plan to come over as soon as you all get back you might want to see if the Ides of March down in Florida has any openings, Joe, Bo, Whiskey and Maiden along with Lady T and myself will be in down south. You could get back, load the motor coach, head to Florida for a week, come back up to Tennessee for a few shoots, head up to Joes and work your butt off.

Doc EELS is to skeert to travel South to Black Gold.

He thinks ALL the fun stuff is somehow only in Indiana & Ohio and he is afraid that he will discover a new world of FUN at Black Gold.

Plus, SLATER is planning to be there shooting GF..... :P

..........WIdder

Shameless Advertisement:

fin any of you Pards are wanting to bring your Henry .22 lever action rifles to Black Gold and have me bring them back home for the "Soft Stroke' mod, please bring me a shipping box also.

If you got any ?, send me a PM please.

Thank you.

..........Widder

Shameless Advertisement:

fin any of you Pards are wanting to bring your Henry .22 lever action rifles to Black Gold and have me bring them back home for the "Soft Stroke' mod, please bring me a shipping box also.

If you got any ?, send me a PM please.

Thank you.

..........Widder

Hey Widder, just wondering how much extra it will cost to have you to install the 'no missum' mod?

Kajun

Hey Widder, just wondering how much extra it will cost to have you to install the 'no missum' mod?

Kajun

I charge NOTHING for the 'No Missum' mod.

Of course, it also comes with a worthless guarantee..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Dang Titus, you just had to go there didn't you? Last time I let my hair down it didn't come back.

Since you plan to come over as soon as you all get back you might want to see if the Ides of March down in Florida has any openings, Joe, Bo, Whiskey and Maiden along with Lady T and myself will be in down south. You could get back, load the motor coach, head to Florida for a week, come back up to Tennessee for a few shoots, head up to Joes and work your butt off.

YEEHAAAA!!!

When worlds collide.

Titus and Fanny MUST COME to the Ides!

You guys will love it.

Bring Cash and Missus Cash too.

Mrs Waimea :blush: says she's gonna be there and she hasn't missed the Ides in 5 years.

Course I never camped at the Ides before. :lol:

Thinking if the Missus :blush: likes camping in FL she will LOVE camping in Eastern Kentucky in July.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I plan to be there.

I've enjoyed some great shooting venues the past few years but I must admit, Black Gold quickly became my favorite.

Maybe is the folks, maybe its the shoot, maybe its the folks, maybe its the food, maybe its the folks, maybe its the yard sale, or maybe........ its the folks.

Looking forward to another memorable time.

..........Widder

Maybe it's the POSSE MEMBERS!! If Widder is gonna be there, then I'm gonna be there - heck, I'm gonna be there no matter what! It is one of the most fun matches - hotter than the hinges of hell but who cares! Made our reservations before we left last year!

Me an Blackwater could sing it!!

Or a Country song.

Me an Blackwater could sing it!!

You fellers have a great idea.

I bet Blackwater and his band could write a short song using a good country tune and actually present us with a song titled....."Hotter Than The Hinges Of Hell".

Heck, TN Tombstone might be able to create something..... ;)

It could be about a FEMALE type Annie Oakley gunslinger from the Badlands. And maybe, she shoots from the hip.....OUTLAW style.

The song could even include a few cowboy names like Tombstone, Judge Em All, Red, Lady T's Saloon, etc.....

..........Widder

Completely acceptable that Black Gold thread drop to page 2.

I have nothing more to say except I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Waimea

This one is shaping up to be as fun as all the past ones. I have not gotten to pick Whiskey Creeks demented mind yet to see what he has in store for the Hillbilly Olympics but I can assure you it will be over the top again this year. Get your apps in and start training early.

This one is shaping up to be as fun as all the past ones. I have not gotten to pick Whiskey Creeks demented mind yet to see what he has in store for the Hillbilly Olympics but I can assure you it will be over the top again this year. Get your apps in and start training early.

I think the duck race needs to be watched a little closer this year.

I think the duck race needs to be watched a little closer this year.

PSHAW - The team that won had never practiced before together. Nor was a stategy discussed.

We just pumped that handle faster.

Transitions were a thing of beauty and there was VERY little cheating.

Creek rarely has a repeat of any contest.

They are new every year.

I think the only reason the Ring Toss made a comeback last year was that I begged and pleaded for it.

BTW - Those ducks were weighted perfectly by Outlaw bullets. :lol:

Waimea

...We just pumped that handle faster...

Amigo, what happens at Black Gold, stays at Black Gold...

Hey Blackwater, how many drummers ya bringin?

Amigo, what happens at Black Gold, stays at Black Gold...

Hey Blackwater, how many drummers ya bringin?

Planning on two!! I thought it sounded better last year. Was I wrong?? :unsure:

Boy's, I got to tell you from what I heard from Mr Whiskey, this year will be something else. That is about all I'm aloud to say. Y'all know how top secret this stuff is. I can tell you he said he needed more room, so that was music to my Daddy Boots ear. So the gate had to go and the road widened all the way to stage 1, the ditch where "man on man" was shoot was tilled and moved over. All that means is he has more room for his devious mine to work. Be ready!

Archived