SASS Wire Forum

Mini mr. Bullet feed

Colt Walker 45

Got one for Christmas and it works really well. Could not see cost for the motorized one, but this one at 1/3 the cost is worth looking into. Mine is in 9/38.

Which press you using t on?

Can manually filling the tubes really be much faster than just putting the bullet on the case? GW

• Like 1

Good question, Wade. I would think it would even out.

But I would guess the advantage would be you could load the feeder while watching tv, ext. Ten it would be faster loading. So I wonder if it really saves time. So it may make it more convenient for some.

Once the bullet feeding tubes are filled you can load the ammo much faster than loading the tubes. I have three magazines so they hold around 320 bullets. I fill them when goofing around sorta like filling primer tubes. Once everything is set to go it makes the actual loading process a lot nicer. I have an RCBS bullet feeder so what I have done is set the RCBS feeder up so I can fill the mini-bullet feeder tubes. I use the mini-feeder on my Dillon 1050 because the RCBS doesn't work well on it because on a 1050 the tool head moves up and down rather than the ram and kinks the flexible metal feeding tube. The RCBS feeder is attached to a Dillon 650.

P1120847_zpsalr3egsn.jpg

Edited by Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933

I have this on my Dillon 650, I changed to coated bullets because of this because they feed smoother in the tubes. I use a powder check die in 3, mini bulletfeeder in 4 and a Lee combo set/crimp die in 5. The 9mm set die also feeds 38 sp and these are the calibers I shoot the most.

Yes it takes a little while to load the tubes but you can go noticeably faster when using the bullet feeder. It also allows me to focus my eyes on the powder check and also to give a piece of brass one more look in position 4 just before the bullet is released.

Kajun

Edited by Krazy Kajun

Thanks Larsen and KK, good feedback makes it sound like a good product. Maybe worth giving a second look. GW

I have one GW. It will feed coated but not lubed bullets. If your by yourself it's not much faster than hand setting bullets. With the collator it would be a lot faster. Maybe an old binder man could build his own collator

Edited by Medicine Creek Johnny

Well MCJ, in the scheme of things I still go 4 months of winter left if things go well. Don't really need to speed up production. About cold enough to start casting bullets. Todays high was about -4 below.. Suppose your living the good life down south. GW