SASS Wire Forum

Videos for left hander transitions

Two Spurs

Howdy all,

A request from my bride Sunny Spurs. She shoots left handed (double strong side) and is looking for some action videos to work on her transitions moving from left to right on a stage.

Any suggestions of names for some solid shooting lefties shooting double strong side pistols?

Thanks. :)

Can't argue with Lefty as an example of great shooting, I'm gonna have to study those vids my own self.

I don't know that I'd classify myself as a solid shooter, but I have improved my stage times by studying and fine tuning my transitions. As I'm most often the guy behind the camera, rather than in front of it, I don't have any vids to share with you. Most vids of me shooting are hat cam and difficult to see transitions.

I have a bunch of thoughts that may or may not help her, but I don't know that it makes sense to type them up at the moment. I've long planned on doing a video on transitions but have yet to get it done. Most often when I'm at the range I'm busy with the match, or tired out from the match and haven't gotten it done.

If I get some time over the next couple of weeks I'll try to throw some folding tables up in the garage and get some footage. If you haven't seen it yet, feel free to PM and ask me about it in a week or two just to keep me on task.

Here are some videos of Missouri Lefty

https://youtu.be/56rO6Mowt2E

https://youtu.be/qdbKGPpjvvA

Billy the Avenger

Thanks Billy.

Can't argue with Lefty as an example of great shooting, I'm gonna have to study those vids my own self.

I don't know that I'd classify myself as a solid shooter, but I have improved my stage times by studying and fine tuning my transitions. As I'm most often the guy behind the camera, rather than in front of it, I don't have any vids to share with you. Most vids of me shooting are hat cam and difficult to see transitions.

I have a bunch of thoughts that may or may not help her, but I don't know that it makes sense to type them up at the moment. I've long planned on doing a video on transitions but have yet to get it done. Most often when I'm at the range I'm busy with the match, or tired out from the match and haven't gotten it done.

If I get some time over the next couple of weeks I'll try to throw some folding tables up in the garage and get some footage. If you haven't seen it yet, feel free to PM and ask me about it in a week or two just to keep me on task.

Thanks Grizz. Will do.

I wish I had some videos of me shooting. I am not fast at all, but I do shoot left handed, double duelist style with a 97. I very rarely make transition "mistakes" so you could perhaps see it done in "slow motion" to see how to perfect the technique!

:P

A double duelist '97 leftie? That's allowed in New England??? :P:lol:

A double duelist '97 leftie? That's allowed in New England??? :P:lol:

Southpaw, not a leftie, please!

I am one of the rarest of minorities. I am a conservative, gun owning, pro-life, republican, born again fundamental baptist. From Massachusetts. Don't tell me I am not a minority. :)

That being said, I should point out that Colt SAA's (and clones) are not legal to sell in this state. They are an unsafe design. You can only buy one used if the seller can prove that it was registered in the state prior to a certain date. (I forget exactly what it is.) The only way around that is if they happen to be C&R. In a rare moment of sanity, the legislature clarified the C&R exemption a couple of years ago.

Southpaw, not a leftie, please!

I am one of the rarest of minorities. I am a conservative, gun owning, pro-life, republican, born again fundamental baptist. From Massachusetts. Don't tell me I am not a minority. :)

That being said, I should point out that Colt SAA's (and clones) are not legal to sell in this state. They are an unsafe design. You can only buy one used if the seller can prove that it was registered in the state prior to a certain date. (I forget exactly what it is.) The only way around that is if they happen to be C&R. In a rare moment of sanity, the legislature clarified the C&R exemption a couple of years ago.

That makes it difficult to grow the sport.

Politicians.

EMN

Here are some videos of Missouri Lefty

https://youtu.be/56rO6Mowt2E

https://youtu.be/qdbKGPpjvvA

Billy the Avenger

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Lefty and his Pa at Paradise Pass. Hope to shoot with them again someday. I would study Lefty's transitions but it's just a blur when I watch.....