SASS Wire Forum

Pet peeve

Red Cent

This could get interesting.

People join a forum to glean information from the members. They join to gain the comradery that is generally present in forums, especially SASS. They offer opinions and pass along valuable information at times.

Why is it that a bunch won't inform the membership what they are, who they are, or where they are. Do they think someone will burn down the house? Steal their guns?

I can respect the hesitation to post their street address, phone number, and/or Social Security number.

Why?

And yet, we don't know who you are.

No profile photo? Isn't that part of what you're asking for? :D

I think it's mostly people don't want to take the time to fill out anything.

Well, I think he just means it would great and aid in assisting folks if they'd list a general location on their profile; which I agree with. He doesn't list location himself, but he does list his website which anyone can use to find out more about him.

Years ago in another life and time, I was posting on a forum where I made the mistake of posting a picture that had our company truck in the background. It had our company name, our names, address and phone number. We had people stopping buy unannounced and uninvited from all over. I'd get phone calls from people who didn't post on the forum but wanted me to help thrm in some way. I had to go back and delete that picture and stop posting on that form.

I found another forum and used an alias and was very careful not to disclose any contact information.

There were times when I did give my contact information to other members but through the PM system.

• Like 1

I really wish people would stop trying to make pets out of peeves. They are inheritantly wild and really don't make that good a pet. Oh sure, they're cute and cuddly when young, but what about when they mature? A cage is a very inhumane way to treat them, so you're left to release them back into the wild. You know how many peeves are living in the New York sewers?

N

• Like 1

There you have it, I agree with Warden Callaway. Folks can get enough information off the website to figure out where you live, that your passion is shooting and you have lots of firearms. Then they see you are making the trek to WR or EoT so they have a lot of time to clean you out.

And lastly, "If Peter Piper could pick a peck of pickled peeves, how many pickled peeves could Peter Piper pick?" :)

"And you have yours posted where?​"

you're kidding

I can't take it anymore.

Its all been a lie.

Red Cent has forced me to face and reveal certain truths.

I am really a lizard/grey alien hybrid. I am currently on the planet Xarniz-6 for vacation and viewing this from an i Phone I stole from an unlocked car in a Wal Mart parking lot on my last visit to Earth. The roaming charges are going to kill me.

I think you humans are rather silly but your children are tasty.

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
  • Like 1

"And you have yours posted where?​"

you're kidding

Red Cent

I believe what is being referred to is the a lot of us have location posted and it shows up on the left side under the member info. Yours does not. it appears at the bottom in the quotes area.

• Like 1

Who are you really, and what were you before? What did you do and what did you think, huh?

A Peeve is much more enjoyable medium rare with real mashed potatoes. The issue is in getting them to the pot. Most folks just won't give up their pets.

I thought it was against the law to peeve in public.

You must not live in San Francisco! :-( :-(

;-)

http://time.com/4199747/open-air-urinal-san-francisco/

Do you have to put the Pet Peeve in the blender first? Seems like it might be kinda lumpy otherwise.

Kinda like Lumpy Grits?

Edited by Too Tall Bob

What have you guys been drinking? 'Course, we could use some for stage starting lines. Have you seen my pet peeve?

On my profile page is this:

And I don't make pet peeves.

http://www.redcentcustomleather.com/

In the OP you said

>Why is it that a bunch won't inform the membership what they are, who they are, or where they are<

I looked all over that web site. The only name mentioned is Red Cent.

Seems you don't want to tell anyone who YOU are, but want us to tell who WE are.

Peevish.