SASS Wire Forum

Rifle Action work

Dark Horse Charlie

Does anyone know if I can have the action worked on an 1860 Henry or a mid 90s Rossi 92? Just curious. I know most speed demons use 73s and 66s.

Thanks

It might be a DIY job on your '60. I know Happy Trails in Rhode Island did a guy's '60 years ago, but Hap is now retired. Best bet would be to call Pioneer Gun Works, or Cowboys and Indians....since all the parts that everybody has comes from them.

EDIT: Jimmy Spurs says on his website that he does action work for the '60. I got one of his rifles back in '08, started using it again this year since I forgot how much I like using it.

http://www.cowboygunworks.com/work.html

Edited by Cemetery
  • Like 1

The Uberti 1860 Henry has the same internals as the '66 and '73!! They respond well to any similar action work. Mine is very slick and has a 3rd gen short stroke.

• Like 1

Me too on the 1860. I picked up a Uberti 1860 Trapper on the forum last year. It had already been tuned and had a 3rd gen short-stroke kit, and been modified to cycle C.45S.

It can be very fast gun if you can learn the Henry hop to allow the follower to get past your support hand.

• Like 1

There is much to be said for gunsmiths with history and credentials. I know of several who are top shelf, some of which are not as well known outside of their local range, but still top flight!!

Talk to folks you know and trust who have had similar work done!

• Like 1

There is much to be said for gunsmiths with history and credentials. I know of several who are top shelf, some of which are not as well known outside of their local range, but still top flight!!

Talk to folks you know and trust who have had similar work done!

Like Willy, who can make a Rossi 92' run like a hot knife through butter!

• Like 1

The Brisco Kid did a great job on my 1860.

You can contact him at Cowboy Shooters Supply online. He is in Oklahoma.

Like Willy, who can make a Rossi 92' run like a hot knife through butter!

Willy McCoy is the one who is responsible for my Henry. That was 2005!! He's gotten better since then. I kept the '92 he did for me for ten years and sold it for $600.00 to a gun store near home. THAT'S how good his work is!!

I talked to Codymatic about mine. He does work on the 1860, including the short stroke stuff.