SASS Wire Forum

New Bond Arms Derringer with 6" Barrel

Del Rio Pete

Bond Arms just announced that they are launching a new Derringer with a 6" barrel.

They are having a contest to name the new gun.

You vote on their Facebook page.

If your suggested name is selected, you'll win a free 6" gun.

Let the games begin...

Hope someone will post a picture.

Edited by Del Rio Pete

Who told you that Mr.Kraps?

Just wondering, How difficult would it be to make a 12" with a small stock that it all fits inside? Be a heck of a survival gun. .410 shotgun for birds and small game, .45 colt for bigger things.

Make it tactical and capture a whole new market.

Bond announced a contest to name the new gun but the web site to enter the contest is still under construction. You can still post on there face book page but the contest web page isn't ready yet. Kinda poor planning on their part.

Bond announced a contest to name the new gun but the web site to enter the contest is still under construction. You can still post on there face book page but the contest web page isn't ready yet. Kinda poor planning on their part.

They haven't announced the prize yet either. They said that their looking for a name for the derringer. There will be a prize, it'll be a good one.

How about the "Crocodile Dundee" Derringer?

Now, THIS is a Derringer. (Saying it with an Aussie accent, of course)

Dorado. You're free to use this for the contest, if you like it.

There may be copyright and trademark issues with that name...

Thanks for the idea though.

They haven't announced the prize yet either. They said that their looking for a name for the derringer. There will be a prize, it'll be a good one.

There may be copyright and trademark issues with that name...

Thanks for the idea though.

I think on the email I got from them they mentioned that "you could win one of these guns" (meaning the new long derringer)

Derringer Long Range side match of course !

We run a Long Range pocket pistol and derringer side match at Hell On Wheels, it's around 25 yards. Not sure if we would allow a derringer with 6 inch barrels.

Just wondering, How difficult would it be to make a 12" with a small stock that it all fits inside? Be a heck of a survival gun. .410 shotgun for birds and small game, .45 colt for bigger things.

That would be an SBR and require a $200 sin tax from the ATF. you could make it 16" and be ok. Or keep it at 12" and have a stabilizer instead of a stock.

Who would want one?

The same type of person that likes monster trucks and specialty motorcycles, etc.

More for a novelty, I suppose.

Look how many of us are talking about it.

They'll probably get a lot of free press from it.

Dorado... How about the "Texas Croc" or "Croc Slayer" or "Kroc Killer".

I don't do Facebook, so won't enter the contest.

Or, "The Warthog" or "Tank Killer" or "A-10 Warthog" or "Tasmanian Devil" or "Dracula Buster" or "Wasted Water Buffalo" or "Pit Bull" or "The Turner Hooch" or "Massive Mastiff" or "Big Max" or Max Effect".

Edited by Del Rio Pete

I have looked at that photo multiple times trying to figure out "why"? Why would anyone want that except as a curiosity or a conversation piece?

It only hold 2 rounds

It's heavy

it's too long

I think I have a name for it, call it the;

"CALIFORNIA DREAM"!

Call it tactical and a million idiots will buy it because t's tacticool

Call it tactical and a million idiots will buy it because t's tacticool

Exactly. Maybe cover it with attachment points for all the gadgets and gizmos, add a bayonet lug and can't forget the shoulder strap.

I have looked at that photo multiple times trying to figure out "why"? Why would anyone want that except as a curiosity or a conversation piece?

It only hold 2 rounds

It's heavy

it's too long

I think I have a name for it, call it the;

"CALIFORNIA DREAM"!

Yeah dreaming it was for sale in California...

Can you say NFA?

Can you say NFA?

Well herein lies the answer...

From an esteemed colleague... of impecable integrity. Just a great guy over the years... NO JOKIN' INTENDED. Always enjoyed his posts.

We need a 30" barrel on a Bond derringer... and call it the Buffalo Dick Special. Good fer moose... elephants... T-Rexes... etc.

hehehehe

(Just joshin' BD... you gotta great moniker. Other than Stud... yore moniker for me coulda not have been further than the truth.... hehehe...)

Need speed loading clips for rapid reloading as well. Don't forget scope mounts, bi-pod mounts, and flash hider.