SASS Wire Forum

Load info for 10mm

Widder, SASS #59054

Do any of you have a 'pet' load you prefer in your 10mm.

I plan to get a SIG P220 in 10mm. There is plenty data in the manuals but I'm wondering if any Wire Pards might have a good PET load to share.

If my PM box is full, feel free to email me at:

widder1894@icloud.com

Much thanks,

..........Widder

The only 10mm I've ever owned is a full size Glock 20SF. I use a max load of 800X and a Hornady 180 gr XTP - more than the max load listed on Hodgdon's online reloading data center Web page, but in line with other online sources.

Blue Dot, Longshot, 800x, and AA#9 seem to be the most often used powders for full power loads.

My Glock 20 works fine with Armscorp 180 FMJ's, but not with Underwood 180's. It cycles the slide too fast, trapping the ejecting brass. I've tried a Wolf 22lb spring setup, but it still does it. I don't reload for this critter as it is just a plinking gun for me. I shoot a box of 50 every now and then. Can get the Armscorp's for about .40 cents each, so reloading is just not in my current picture, considering I'd have to get the kit for my 550 at about $150 for the setup. I do keep an eye out for a used kit; no luck yet.

My Glock 20 works fine with Armscorp 180 FMJ's, but not with Underwood 180's. It cycles the slide too fast, trapping the ejecting brass. I've tried a Wolf 22lb spring setup, but it still does it. I don't reload for this critter as it is just a plinking gun for me. I shoot a box of 50 every now and then. Can get the Armscorp's for about .40 cents each, so reloading is just not in my current picture, considering I'd have to get the kit for my 550 at about $150 for the setup. I do keep an eye out for a used kit; no luck yet.

You have a magazine spring problem.

Get some Wolff extra power mag springs.

OLG

Lumpy Gritz - I also installed Wolf mag springs at the same time, forgot that I ordered them with the spring assembly. Did not solve the problem. I was thinking about a 24 # spring, but just not worth fooling with. This is the only Glock I've ever owned that's fussy and not totally reliable. It works fine with Armscorp and Remington ammo, so I'll just give the Underwood away.