SASS Wire Forum

The pioneer tree has fallen, giant sequoia with tunnel

My wife and I walked through that tree about 15 years ago. Doesn't seem that long but that was B.K.(before kids) so it must have been. We were walking along behind another family, who kept dropping stuff, like candy wrappers, film wrappers, and other such litter. We just kept collecting it up, and when we got to the end of the trail we gave it back to them, with a stern lecture of how we "don't do that here". The kids had to translate for the parents.

Sad day.

Well... it is... for a great big weed.

But Uturn... did I ever tell ya... how dapper you looked in yore... yankee uniform? But I suspect that is the uniform of the 7th... who gave everthang durin' the Little Big Horn... the same at the Tet Offensive.

Well... got to tell you that... you look great. This may be the only time I can reply to you. So...

WE ALL APPRECIATE YOU... AND YOUR SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY OF OURS. Thank you, Uturn. Just had to say it... never took the opportunity before.... should have...

Sure hope to be back some day... and post some reply to a great email like this... or like reply to another... "Susanne Flechette" post.

Just passing through. Not a good-bye... justa pause...

ts

I hope they use the wood and not just let it rot, or become fire tinder.

You can bet they will leave it right where it is...probably with a plastic plaque and display telling how that tree would still be alive if it wasn't violated by ignorant people of an earlier time when America wasn't "enlightened". You see, it is not a fire danger because there is a lesson to be learned. But you can bet there will be scads of Sierra Club members with little commemorative slivers of it but no one else dare not touch that tree under penalty of law. Mark my words.

Pat (what's cynicism knows no bounds) Riot

Oh No! First the "Old Man In The Mountain" in New Hampshire and now this...........

And the top of Chimney Rock on the Oregon Trail. What we see today is a shortened version than what the pioneers saw on their trek to CA and OR

Unfortunately, that great tree started dying the day the cut was made thru it. It's been slowly rotting from the inside out ever since. That's why it shattered when it fell. It should lay on the forrest floor and be allowed to return to the earth.