SASS Wire Forum

Bullseye load....

Lost Trail

First off, I'm not asking anyone to violate the forum rules. I know that load data is not allowed to be shared on the forum and I completely understand and agree.

So if anyone has any information on using Bullseye in .45 Colt, 200gr RNFP, Starline cases for CAS, I have an 8lb keg now that I would like to start using. I've been using Unique and Tight Group but not familiar with Bullsetye and what I find online is for full charge loads.

Please PM me if you have any info and I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Lost Trail

FWIW: B'eye is VERY temp. sensitive at it's 'lighter' loading's.

Any on-line loading manual, would serve you well.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?page=/reloaders/powderlist.aspx&type=1&powderid=1&cartridge=36

OLG

FWIW: B'eye is VERY temp. sensitive at it's 'lighter' loading's.

Any on-line loading manual, would serve you well.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?page=/reloaders/powderlist.aspx&type=1&powderid=1&cartridge=36

OLG

Thanks OLG. I had found that but since it only references 230gr bullets and MAX charges, I am a bit confused as to where to start. I know what I have been loading in Unique and Tight Group, nearly identical and significantly less than the max shown for Unique.

With there being a 2.5gr difference shown in the MAX charge between Unique and Bullseye, I really have no point of reference.

That's one of the things I hate about Alliant and there "Load Data", they only show the MAX charge but not a minimum.

I find that Tite Group and B'eye have same burning rates and I load them the same.

Al

Thanks. I had been getting some info showing this, but was hoping for some info from someone with experience with Bullseye.

You did it!

Go to online reloading info. I won't quote any here per the rules. BTW, I find B'eye is dirtier than Tite group.

Al

There's load date in the other .45 Colt section on the page.

OLG

Right, I've got that all bookmarked. But the same issue, MAX data given, no starting point.

Guess I need to upgrade reloading manuals again.

The Lyman Reloading Handbook, 49th Addition Ninth Printing, published by Lyman Products Corporation, Middletown, CT, January 2014, lists a Relative Burn Rate Chart in Appendix D (page 458): Bullseye (Alliant) is #4, Titewad (Hodgdon) is #5 of 114 powders listed. Close enough to be a substitute.

I have used MD Smith's website reloadammo.com as a comparison for many loads from different manufacturers, and then verified those loads with the manufacturer's site once I selected a powder.

I found Bullseye to be dirty and somewhat position sensitive more than Reddot. You should be able to develop an adequate load, but there may be better powder choices once you get through that canister.