SASS Wire Forum

Tippmann Rifles

Jeb Stuart #65654

Saw the ad in the Chronicle for the Tippmann rolling block rifles, and as I

have been thinking about replacing the rolling block I sold years ago, I'm thinking about about getting one.

Has anyone purchased one of these, and what's your opinion?

Thanks in advance, Jeb

• Like 1

I was looking at this (the 44 magnum one) as well. From the photos the hammer and rolling block spurs seem odd and awkward compared to an original.

Hoping to see one live at Winter Range

The only Tippmann rifle I have ever seen .

Was a 68 caliber paint ball rifle.

Very good paint ball rifle !

Just saying :-)

A mile or two from the house and I never knew. I will try to stop in and handle one.

Thanks Slim,

Would be nice to get a better idea of what they are like other than just what the picture shows.

As stated in one of the other posts, I too think the hammer looks odd.

I was actually "chatting" on line with someone there asking about dealers in my area but it seems they bailed on me after I submitted a request for an email response.

I asked if there were any dealers in my area and they said "No, but if you order one from a dealer and do not like it you can send it back". Ahem...I believe someone needs a clue.... :wacko:

I have had some dealings with the Tippman family as have others that I know. I won't speak badly of them on a public forum so I'll just go look at another thread.

Pat Riot - Tried again (I use AOL) and got the following after playing some spam games - "click on the store fronts," guess that AOL is a no-no for them, very user unfriendly for a sales organization:

matts@tippmannindustrial.com:
SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: aspmx.l.google.com (173.194.68.27) reason: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from aol.com is not accepted due to domain
's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of aol.com domain
if
550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about t
he
550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative. q66si4563481qkd.265 - gsmtp

AOL? Seriously? I thought AOL no longer existed.

Well, I never got an email response. Maybe they'll get around to it someday. Could be they are so successful they do this little gun thingy as a hobby...you know, just to pass the time. I guess it could be fun to develop ads and pay money out to have them in magazines and then entertain themselves with cat and mouse games when people make inquiries...

When all else fails with the computers and e-mail system, just try calling them.

I hate computers so I used the phone option as my first choice. They were very pleasant

on the phone and told me the MSRP for the 45-70 is $999.00 and the other two calibers are

$899.00. If you have and FFL there is a dealer discount.

Jeb, thanks but I want a list of dealers that I can actually walk into and look at and hold the firearm. I did call them, no one answered, I left a message. I am not buying a gun for $1000 sight unseen, only to find it doesn't meet my expectations and a promise by someone in a chat room that if I don't like it I can send it back...I was born at night but I wasn't born last night.