SASS Wire Forum

The Siege at San Juan City in Montrose, Co

Two Spurs

Is the Siege at San Juan City (in Montrose, Colorado) happening this year?

Was looking through an old Chronicle and saw the write up from 2014. Looks like a wagon load of fun. :D

Been to San Juan's range a 4-5 times. Lots of shooting and lots of fun if you enjoy older type of shooting. Don't expect to be clean, it takes some effort to clean his match. First time I shot there in 1998 the place was packed and we had a ball. Most of us shot so much we did not want to see a gun for a couple weeks. Don't know why the participation is so low there, I like San Juan and his match, just have not been able to make his match in quite a few years. The range and surrounding area is beautiful.

All the stages were rebuilt since my first Siege. It's a whole new match. Camp on range if you can. Water and 20A service is available. You can buy cast bullets from San Juan from his casting operation and haul them home. They are good bullets. If they have the awards banquet at the Turn of the Century Saloon you will love that too (http://www.turnofthecenturysaloon.com/TURN_OF_THE_CENTURY_SALOON/Welcome.html).

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971

Yep great and fantastic shoot that San Juan puts on. Been there early ninety's couple times. Was there just two years ago when Cobra Kat put shoot on there. (1st time there was 1997)

Everything about the shoot plus Montrose is out standing. Ride the widow maker down the rails, throw stick dynamite into the can and Yeeeh, Haa.

Get a chance go there you won't regret it. Contact Kodiak Kid (970) 417-6247 or kodiak35294@yahoo.com probably have another Siege at San Juan City for 2017 ????

Jackrabbit

Edited by Jackrabbit Joe #414

I shot there a long time ago. I would go again if I can get the time. I remember meeting a lot of great folks out there. I use to vacation in Colorado once a year and always tried to line up a major shoot while I was there. Maybe someday I will be able to do that again.