SASS Wire Forum

Fredericksburg or New Braunfels, TX - German restaurant

Chief Rick

Looking for specific recommendations for a place to eat on a Saturday evening that's good and doesn't cost $30+ per plate.

Been reviewing Yelp & Trip Advisor but looking for first-hand experience.

Our hotel is in Kerrville, TX.

There are a bunch in Fredericksburg. Been too long since I've been there so I can't make any recommendations. But that's about the heart of the German people in Texas.

I ate German food inFredericksburg while I was at Comancheria. The shoot was great but German food is terrible. Come eat some Louisiana French creole cooking it is delicious. That is the reasonGermany invaded France three times, they were hungry

I ate German food inFredericksburg while I was at Comancheria. The shoot was great but German food is terrible. Come eat some Louisiana French creole cooking it is delicious. That is the reasonGermany invaded France three times, they were hungry

Pat - I've got so many choices of Louisiana cooking down this way that I sometimes have a hard time choosing which one to go to.

But we don't have any good German sausage/Sauerkraut restaurants.

Pat - I've got so many choices of Louisiana cooking down this way that I sometimes have a hard time choosing which one to go to.

But we don't have any good German sausage/Sauerkraut restaurants.

Mais sha dat cuz us Kajuns eat dat good andouille sausage and sum gumbeaux yeah. If we would eat dat German food it would make us have an accent. ;)

Kajun

Edited by Krazy Kajun

It's been a while but somebody's "Smoke House" just off of I 35 in New Braunfels was awfully good when I was going thru there. Food was as good as I could get in Bamberg.

I went to google and apparently my recommendation no longer exists. Never Mind!

Trying to compare Cajun food to German food is like trying to compare chili to gumbo. Ain't nowhere to start.

Edited by Noz