SASS Wire Forum

Pictures of the ladies in my Harem!

Below are pictures of the ladies in my Smith & Wesson harem. Most of you know that I have an affection for S&W double-action revolvers. And like many of you, I name some of my guns. So let me introduce you to my S&W ladies: Nikki, Kitty, Polly, Maggie, and Bertha. ^_^

Please share pictures of your Double Action Revolvers!

Here's a picture of all five (5) of my S&W ladies together. All these ladies have the great S&W actions! :wub:

Y1zBt4.jpg

dGBJbg.jpg

Nikki

4th Model "Pocket Pistol"

.32 S&W

Mfr date: 188?

I bought Nikki from a pard at a CAS match to be used in the pocket pistol side matches. Before I bought her, this ~130-year-old lady had been recently nickeled with hammer and trigger blued. She also appears to have got some new grip panels. Nikki may have a few years on her, but she's looking good now!

aqlPaW.jpg

qxIEQT.jpg

Kitty

Model 34-1 "Kit Gun"

.22 Long Rifle

Mfr date: 1978

I bought Kitty brand new in 1978 for my wife to shoot. Kitty has a little honest wear on her from being carried during camping and hunting trips. Kitty here is shown with her original grip panels, but I replaced those originals with Altamont grips as I felt her original grips a bit too small. Either way, she's a joy to carry and shoot.

See Kitty's pictures in the next post. Edit won't let me add her pics. :angry:

Polly

Model 15-4 "Combat Masterpiece"

.38 Special

Mfr date: 1980

I just got Polly a few days ago to replace a 15-3 I had let go back in 1973. Back in the days before the big migration to semi-autos, the "Combat Masterpiece" was the revolver carried by many police officers and the US Air Force issued many Model 15s to pilots and airmen.

XpFOTr.jpg

yjBypR.jpg

Maggie

Model 19-3 "Combat Magnum"

.357 Magnum

Mfr date: 1972

I bought Maggie in October, 2016. Always admired the "Combat Magnum" and finely broke down and bought one. I don't think I've ever shot any handgun better than Maggie. She is deadly! What an absolutely excellent revolver is the Model 19; possibly the pinnacle of all S&W revolvers.

YJq5df.jpg

DfIhxd.jpg

Bertha

Model 625-9 "Mountain Gun"

.45 Colt

Mfr date: 2005

Bertha is my biggest handgun on that S&W N frame. My wife gave me Bertha as a gift. I had mentioned that since I reloaded .45 Colt rounds for Cowboy Action Shooting, I would like to have a S&W double-action revolver in .45 Colt and use it as my night stand gun. She asked me, "Wouldn't the Rossi (2-inch barrel .38 Special) you keep in the night stand stop the bad guys?" I told her, "Yes Doll, it probably would stop them, but a .45 would have them going the other way!" I get a lot of fun shooting my Cowboy loads though Bertha, but she is loaded with stouter factory rounds while sitting in my night stand. I'm going to dress her up some with new Altamont grips that I now have on order.

w9i7Ww.jpg

TYRwor.jpg

Well friends, there's my little harem of S&W double-action revolvers. Not the biggest S&W revolver collection, but I sure get much pleasure from these ladies! ^_^

Edited by Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663

Kitty

Model 34-1 "Kit Gun"

.22 Long Rifle

Mfr date: 1978

I bought Kitty brand new in 1978 for my wife to shoot. Kitty has a little honest wear on her from being carried during camping and hunting trips. Kitty here is shown with her original grip panels, but I replaced those originals with Altamont grips as I felt her original grips a bit too small. Either way, she's a joy to carry and shoot.

bZyHEG.jpg
XLYXC2.jpg

What are the differences in the model 19's (i.e, -3, -4, -5, -6)?

Model 19

• 19 (1957): Stamping of model number.
  • 19-1 (1959): Change extractor rod, right to left-hand thread.
  • 19-2 (1961): Cylinder stop changed, deleted triggerguard screw.
    • (1963): Introduce 6" barrel.
    • (1963): 50 manufactured with 2.5" barrel, serial range K544672–K544721.
    • (1966): Introduce 2.5" barrel as standard.
  • 19-3 (1967): Relocation of rear sight leaf screw.
    • (1968): Delete diamond-insert grip.
  • 19-4 (1977): Change gas ring from yoke to cylinder. (Not really an "improvement". It did make it slightly easier to clean if there was heavy leading, but basically was a cost-cutting measure.)
  • 19-5 (1982): Eliminate cylinder counterbore and pinned barrel; small change in cylinder length to 1.62".
  • 19-6 (1988): New yoke retention system; radius stud package; floating hand; hammer nose bushing.
    • (1992): Blue finish only is catalogued.
  • 19-7 (1994): Change to Uncle Mike's Combat synthetic grips; drill and tap frame; change extractor; change rear sight leaf.
    • (1995–96): Delete square butt features.
    • (1996): Discontinue 6" barrel production; begin shipments in blue foam-filled plastic cases.
    • (1997): Change to MIM thumbpiece; ship with Master trigger locks; change to MIM trigger.
  • 19-8 (1998): Change in frame design: cylinder stop stud eliminated; eliminate serrated tangs; change to MIM hammer with floating firing pin; change internal lockwork, September 1998.
    • (1999): Discontinue 2 1/2" barrel.
    • (1999): Nov - Model 19 discontiued.
Edited by Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663