SASS Wire Forum

Legends Four Corners Regional, Utah

Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L

This looks to be an interesting match. I noticed a lot of wire regulars shot this last year. If attending, we would be camping onsite in our RV. Can anyone please describe the amenities of the campsite and the flavor of the overall match.

Thanks.

Wyatt

The dry camping area is just a gravel lot located very close to the shooting bays. There are no hookups. The range has nice props. The home club runs a quality match and I recommend it. The awards banquet is in a nice banquet room in a hotel. I will be returning for a third year. The match can no longer hold a long range rifle side match but does use the clays facilities of the range for side matches.

My wife and I camp at nearby Sand Hollow State Park - just 15 minutes from the range with full hookups, great views and gates open from 6 AM to 10 PM. Others camp downtown Hurricane in WillowWind RV park. It has large shade trees and lots of grass. SASS members held a great potluck in the clubhouse last year.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971

Fun shoot but as noted the RV parking is strictly dry camping. Last year a bunch of us stayed at the Willow Wind RV park in downtown Hurricane. We reserved the party room and had a couple of very nice get togethers. There are a couple of nice places to eat in Hurricane and they are only a very short distance from the RV park.

The number one amenity at or near the range is you and those fellow cowboy's and girls near you. There isn't anything fancy it all just works. The flavor of the range certainly isn't vanilla lots of props on a well groomed range. Jt Wild was the Match Director last year and it was certainly a worthy Regional in other words " NOT 12 Nevada sweeps" . This years match director is Capbuster and I think he will win his spurs in spades. Capbuster has been around the club for many years and has served in most of the positions but mostly doing what ever it took to help the club and/or the match director put on quality matches. I would expect that he will produce another in a long line of quality matches. So there you have it a safe place to camp at the range behind two gated fences and several alternatives near by. Coupled to a good match that in all likelihood challenge you with nice awards and a good dinner. What more could an old cowpoke want.

What happened to Long Range?

Sounds like a great match. The Willow Wind RV park looks just the ticket as the missus don't like roughin' it too much anyhow. Now I'll have to build me a smaller knock-down type gun cart as my current four wheeled buckboard won't fit in my tow vehicle.

Probably arrive a couple of days early to get the lay of the land prior to the match and watch the Wild Bunch match.

Look forward to seein' you all there.

Wyatt

OK folks, give me a moment and I'll set a few things straight. BT Blade here. My much better half Lucky Wheeler & I are the Match Directors for Legends 2017 and it's going to be a dandy. First of all, thanks to those who posted the kind words! The dates are April 24-29 and they're broken down as follows: April 24, 25 & 26 will be the Wild Bunch Western Territorial Championship. That will be followed by the Four Corners Regional Championship on April 27, 28 and 29th. We'll have side matches, Speed Events, a SASS sanctioned Costume Contest, Raffles, Awards, Vendors.......and more! Long Range is open, but there will not be a long range side match at this event.....just long range pistol caliber rifle/pistol. We have dry camping available with pit restrooms on the range and a porta-potty outside the gate. As Larsen and Wyatt have mentioned, the Willow Wind RV Park in Hurricane is available for those who want full hook-ups. It's maybe 10 minutes from the range and a great facility, if you're not into dry camping. Our awards banquet will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in St. George, a wonderful facility. So, please check out our website: www.dixiedesperados.com for more info and an application. We'll be putting up a list of local hotels, local water & dump facility, nearby markets/RV Supply/Walmart/Sporting goods stores, etc. We're also 30 minutes away from Zion National Park. If you have the time, Zion is a must see! Lucky & I have our contact info on the website application and we'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have. You don't want to miss this one!

Sorry BT, a heart felt apology for the senior moment with the Match Director thing. Capbuster doing The original Senior Games and the Four Corners Regional under the very capable hands of BT Blade and the lovely Lucky Wheeler.

Reb - No apology necessary! Seems there's so much going on these days I can't figure it out half the time. We'll look forward to seeing you and Rosie in April........if not before.