SASS Wire Forum

sass buckles

evil dogooder

Do you wear your awards buckles in everyday life or just for sass?

Personally i only wear the first one i ever earned that was a 5th place gf at state. Although that will change now with my regional win. I'm kinda fond of that one too. As for the rest they get displayed in my gun room but never really wear them.

What does everyone else do?

I won a buckle at Last Stand in Forida for FCD in '05 much to my sur[prise. I have worn it pretty much daily to keep my britiches up since then.II's the only one I ever got. It's pretty worn out now. :D

1qr0nQ.jpg

On my shotgun belt. I strongly believe they are earned and should be worn proudly. That same year they gave statues instead of buckles. You can't wear/show off a statue. We got buckles also. Never under estimate a man's ego.

IFiVvk8.jpg

Now, I never had much of an ego. Well...................

Me001_zps148f5d01.jpg

Just don't list all your accomplishments on your profile. They b...........gripe about using bandwidth or some other such crap.

I have them mounted to my shotgun belts, but I wear a bandoleer now so they don't get shown off much.

• Like 1

I get on JM Brown for not wearing his. Hell, I would find somewhere to hang 5-6 National Championship titles and 5-6 World Championship titles.

I wear the first SASS BP buckle that I earned years ago when I turned 70. The rest are in my MRA, BPCR, CFD, etc

display shelves. I have really nice display and I enjoy looking at them and they remind me how much fun I had.

I do nor wear any buckle in every day life. In truth I don't typically wear belts. As for SASS I didn't put a buckle on until I won my state buckle.

EMN

Which one???????

I mix em up with the horse buckles.......wear them on a regular basis except when shooting. I don't have a 1st Place yet, someday I'm a hoping.... But then again I wear a hat most all of the time.....

I wear a State Category buckle for dress that my wife bought from the SASS Merchantile for me. For work and everyday I wear one I won at Mississippi Fandango. On my shotgun belt I have my first Regional buckle from Gunsmoke. Just a shame to let pretty buckles sit and gather dust.

Tusco%20Buckle_zpsp37qwsem.jpg

I wear our Tusco buckle from High Noon in 2015. Really proud of the things we have done as a club. Love representing Tusco.

I don't wear them everyday, a couple are on my gun belts. Gave my dad a couple and he wears them everyday and brags about his boy. :)

That's a good idea. I'll give my Dad one.

Dutch

My son wears one of mine. My loaner belts have them on too. My wife used to wear some until she started shooting and won her own

In West Virginia winning at the state level just makes one eligible to purchase their own buckle. I have yet to purchase any of the six I have won, but if I do buy one, I will wear it on my shotgun belt.

Edited by Frontier Lone Rider, SASS# 73063

Wear my only one on my shotgun belt.

IMG_0179_zpsvn2dlc7c.jpg

• Like 2

Lone Rider, I have won three or four Senior and/or Silver Senior badges and I don't remember having to buy them. Man, do I miss going up there. The Singing Ranch stages will give you a work out. They wouldn't let me bring the golf cart. ;)

1. One buckle to hold up yer jeans.

2. Two buckles shows Humble Pride.

3. Three + buckles, You are Bragging.

"TST" said so.

No brag, just fact.

I wear my US Open FCGF buckle 'cause I like how it looks. The rest are on a length of leather hanging from a nail on the wall of my gun room. You can lap them and get quite a few on a 4' piece, just punch a hole every few inches. Better than collecting dust in a box.

CR

Yes. I have gotten lots of compliments on both series (new silver style as well as style such as in the pic posted by Red Cent)...and to some of Bar-3's really nice buckles. A usual bonus to compliments is the pleasure that often follows when I get to discuss SASS and the competition of Cowboy Action Shooting..

Note: I applaud Winter Range for their addition a few years ago of a special distinction to category champ in their winner series buckles..

After wearing a suit and tie for over 40 years, I graduated back to jeans when I retired.

Still slim enough not to need suspenders, I wear a belt with my First Place, Classic Cowboy buckle, almost every day, just to impress the girls!☺LOL

If I ever win one, I expect it will be the buckle for my gunbelt for a few matches, then who knows. I use slides for the shotgun so no shotgun belt to put one on....IF I ever win one.