SASS Wire Forum

WR..... Yippie.

Snakebite

I got the restraints off of my hand, and the surgery was a success. Now if I can just get enough strength back to cock the hammer I will be chasing them kids around in FC at WR. Didn't think I was going to get released in time. This ought to be a very humbling experience, but Never say Die! :FlagAm:

Snakebite

:ph34r: Good for you! It was fun shooting with you at the Western Divisional. When I was recovering strength in hands following major injuries I discovered the very best (and cheapest!) therapy was to use a solid rubber ball about the size of a regular baseball. The trick was to hacksaw it in half. It then becomes a natural shape to have in your hand, and your fingers & thumb can squeeze independently or in unison, and by moving the position in your palm you can change the tension applied. It also, because of the shape, easily sits on a dashboard and is great for diversion while traveling. It definitely beats the spring actuated grippers.

I know my explanation is a bit vague, but try it. You've only maybe $2.99 to lose...... I still have mine, from 1967....

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Tnx for the advice.. I'll do it tomorrow. I have been using a handful some putty like stuff. I like the 1/2 ball idea. I've also been using a large hammer to regain strength in my wrist... the handle allows for adjusting how much weight you use by choking up or down on it.

Snakebite