SASS Wire Forum

Bad News Day

I'm having one of those days when you can feel the anger and bile rising, inch by inch, with each new piece of news.

What makes it even worse are the comments by my fellow citizens, so uninformed, so slanted, so poisonous that I want to spit.

We started with the FL airport shooting. Before any of the details were printed, we had MA politicians calling for more gun bans, bans on checked baggage shipment of guns, bans on ammo on airplanes, etc. And then the great unwashed chimed in, excoriating the NRA and Trump and demanding that we all give up our security and right to defend ourselves because some mentally disturbed individual decides to kill people.

And then we move to nut case # 2, a guy in a Boston suburb who can't tolerate his black neighbors, so every day when he walks around the block, he throws a banana peel in their driveway...a banana peel. They complain to the cops, who set up surveillance, and determine that he is, indeed, throwing banana peels. So they arrest him for civil rights violations, and in the process, discover that he has 83 long guns, 10,000 rounds of ammo, and 50# of "black powder". More charges follow, as he apparently had no permits whatsoever. But now everyone who reloads is an enemy of the state, and our AG is talking about new restrictions on "home reloaders". I can hear the freight train headed my way.

And now, to top it all off, Senator Elizabeth Warren, our gift to total irrationality in government, announces that she will run for re-election, and intends to oppose Trump in 2020.

And these poor working slugs, who think that they will get something for nothing from this hack, are cheering.

Excuse me while I clean the spittle off my screen. Arghhh!!!!

LL

If we're angry at what other people think, we'll always be angry.

The NYTimes article I read tonight points out that it is no more possible to secure these areas than bars, malls, etc...Thought it was sensible considering the source.

Edited by Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619

Allegedly, he told the FBI that the U.S. government was forcing him to look a terrorist videos, and that he was "almost incoherent. What I want to know is why he wasn't immediately placed on the NICS, "no gun purchases" list at least? I think there is something seriously lacking in some of our Federal law enforcement agencies. Maybe that will change post-January 20th! And, yes, the individual is just one of many who aren't getting help.

Allegedly, he told the FBI that the U.S. government was forcing him to look a terrorist videos, and that he was "almost incoherent. What I want to know is why he wasn't immediately placed on the NICS, "no gun purchases" list at least? I think there is something seriously lacking in some of our Federal law enforcement agencies. Maybe that will change post-January 20th! And, yes, the individual is just one of many who aren't getting help.

That is the problem with the so called universal background checks. Very few states forward the necessary data to the feds so that the checks work as intended.

Rather than fix the system it is easier to demand more un-enforceable laws.

I think part of the issue is that the deep division that has infected America has also infected our agencies. They would almost rather eat their own rather than share power, authority, information, credit or territory of jurisdiction with any other agency they feel is competing with them for funding.