SASS Wire Forum

Look at what I brought home today. A S&W "Combat Masterpiece"

Well look what I brought home today for 4 C notes. I just took possession of this beautiful little gal; Model 15-4 (mfr 1980) with target hammer and target trigger. She came with her original box, all papers, no tools. I am hard pressed not to believe she isn't a brand new gun. With the exception of two light dings on the right grip panel, I can't find a blemish on her. No loss of blueing anywhere. I doubt this sweetie has ever seen a holster. My wife has really taken a liking to her and she wants this "Combat Masterpiece" to be her night stand gun. We are taking her to the range on Monday to see how she performs. I name my special guns and I'm going to call this sweet little lady, "Polly."

Ain't Polly a beauty? :)
xa6eTZ.jpg
aeOuRQ.jpg
iuX8uo.jpg
  • Like 1

This is the 3rd time I have come back to look at your new revolver, Birdgun...

I must be smitten...

Is there a dash number?...oh, it's in those words above the pictures...I had to scroll up to see...

Yep, I got a crush on your Polly, Birdgun :-)

Sweet little Polly.

How beautiful you are !

The only thing I see to make Polly look any better .

Is MY Night Stand :-)

I got its twin. Picked it up a couple of years ago, but for a bit more than what you paid for yours. It's also a model 15-3 with the wide target trigger and hammer. The piece had belonged to a gentleman in FLL who appeared to have fired it just a couple of times then put it away in its box. When he passed, his daughter sold it to a local gun store and while she was showing it to the salesman dropped it on the glass counter top putting a slight dent on the left panel with the edge of the glass. The salesman told me that he held his breath for a week. There is not any other mark on the gun and the blueing is still S&W perfect.

I still don't have the guts to fire it and it sits in the safe next the the queen, a 6" bbl Model 19.

There is nothing like those "old" Smith's. I know you will enjoy it.

Sweet! I have an older model of that with the funky looking hammer spur and the extra screw forward of the trigger guard. It spent many a year in a holster. It belonged to my uncle before he passed, I recently "loaned" it to one of my nephews and his wife that live on our farm. My uncle was a deputy sheriff later on a bank guard in El Paso for many moons. I figured it was better off being carried around the farm by family than sitting in my safe waiting for me to croak so somebody can sell it too cheap. "Mine" has a good deal of holster wear and I put a T Grip grip adapter on it to match my M-18 .22

JHC

Edited by Capt. James H. Callahan

Remember what got King David and a bunch of politicians in trouble.

They looked, they lusted, they took.

I keep looking and have to turn away, so I'm not tempted to buy one.

Polly is my favorite of all your revolvers.

Model 19 .357 next.

That is nice, it will shoot as good as it looks. I've got one that is a tack driver. If your wife shoots it, you won't ever get it back.

Slip, your prediction came true! The wife and I took Polly, the Model 15-4 "Combat Masterpiece" and Maggie, my Model 19-3 "Combat Magnum" to the range today. The wife after shooting four cylinders, both single-action and double-action, through Polly and keeping her shots, with the exception of a couple of flyers,within a 6 inch circle at seven yards, my wife told me, "Honey, I like MY revolver better than yours." She has laid claim to Polly and it will be in the night stand on my wife's side of the bed replacing the little 2-inch Taurus Ultra-Light .38 Spl. Now ain't this a trick, my wife likes her new revolver because "When I shoot MY new gun it doesn't hurt my hand."

Polly is a delight to shoot. :wub: But, Slip, you nailed it. I ain't getting Polly back!! :huh:^_^

WOW. Boy, is that ever appealing to my tastes! LOVE those older S&Ws . Have a habit of buying interesting K Frames as I come across them, and have yet to find one that has not shot well for me from that period before the left sided pimple ( lock). Even a few from the post Pinned Barrel era are still outstanding performers. GREAT find!

I have one that was issued to me in 1981 and has"LASD" stamped on the side. I carried it for one year in patrol until I bought a 6" model 66. The model always shot better than my model 66. It's a great revolver.

Howdy,

Now ifn you and yore wife are gonna fuss over it, in the intrests of harmony

I will take it and give ya a $20 profit.

Best

CR

CR, you'd have to remove it from my wife. I wouldn't want to see either of us harmed. :unsure::P:lol:

I have one that was issued to me in 1981 and has"LASD" stamped on the side. I carried it for one year in patrol until I bought a 6" model 66. The model always shot better than my model 66. It's a great revolver.

The Irishman's right... the Model 15 shoots better than my Model 66-2.... lower left-hand corner....

IMG_0339_zpsmj11vegs.jpg

I sold a Model 15... wished I had it back....

ts

The Irishman's right... the Model 15 shoots better than my Model 66-2.... lower left-hand corner....

Mayobard and Studly, although I've only had one day at the range with Polly, my wife's Model 15 "Combat Masterpiece," I shoot Maggie, my Model 19-3 better. But I shoot my Model 19 "Combat Magnum" both single action and double action better than any handgun I've ever had; even with the few magnum loads I've put through her.

Maggie, Model 19-3 "Combat Magnum"

TDg3aO.jpg

Edited by Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663