SASS Wire Forum

took my 5 yr old hunting

Trigger Mike

I've taken her twice this year. my stand is only as far off the ground so that my hand can touch the seat when raised as with children i want them close to the ground. she is still timid of the height but will get up there. she likes to sit with me and watch. each time soon as we get settled she says, "i don't see any deer". i tell her to wait. she likes to pick leaves off nearby limbs and put them in front of hers or my face as camouflage she says. to get there we have to ride the 4 wheeler as she does not want to walk that far. after 30 minutes she is ready to go home and then cries we did not see any deer. but she often puts her arm around me while in the stand which feels nice. told her maybe we can go earlier in the day at sunrise and see one. said she sans to so we might try tomorrow if the rain is not here. glad to have a place to take her and the other 3.

• Like 1

A man can invest money, and lose his investment to devaluation, to the market, or to a thief.

A man can invest in gold coin, but again, gold can be stolen, or lost, or even forgotten.

The man that invests his time with his young will have dividends that can never be devalued nor stolen.

You're giving your daughter memories that will last her entire lifetime.

You are investing your time very wisely, my friend!

• Like 1

i woke her up early today and asked her if she wanted to go hunting and with her eyes still closed she nodded yes vigorously. we went and got in the stand. I noticed she is getting more confident getting up there. her hands got cold so i got to hold them with one hand to keep them warm. she rested her head on my arm. still noticed no deer around. i started coughing so i pulled out a candy cane and split it with her and she got excited about that. after 25 minutes she wanted to go home. i told her my coughing scared them away . yesterday she cried it was her fault they had not come despite my telling her it was just the wrong time of day. she told her mama it was me this time. :)