SASS Wire Forum

Why would you do that?

Smokestack SASS#87384

Some may disagree, but one thing I often see new shooters do is trying to shoot faster than they are ready to do. Of course we must push ourselves to go faster, but IMO we must first get the basics down to the point that we don't have to think about them. Then we can start working on speed. Shooting fast is good, but it is not the only thing that wins the game. Take time to learn the basics of the game.

Edited by Snakebite
  • Like 1

Two things I do (along with a lot of things in the preceding posts)

1. Have a routine before saying "Ready". Mine is one last check of pistols, rifle and SxS in the correct position for me, then exhale on "Ready" breathe in while timer says "Standby" and go.

2. If you know how many misses you have you are not going as fast as you could, you are watching targets and waiting for the "clang". There is nothing to be done about a miss once you have pulled the trigger so get on with hitting the next target. I prefer to be "surprised" when the spotters say "clean" or "and one" rather than mope around and expecting a miss that the spotters may not have seen.

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Case gauge all ammo and use new brass for a big match. We use a funnel to listen for powder in every case. Check every primer to see if it is properly seated. Inspect each case for problems.