SASS Wire Forum

Where does it hurt this morning?

Warden Callaway

I used to hurt bad. For about 13-14 years in hip and back, since I was 27/28 from several injuries involving a wreck and several on the job incodents. And began to listen to doctors that were simply making guesses. And surgery will cost this and that. and the test show this or that. We think this and maybe that. Let's experiment......

I'd rather go to a vet......

Now I self medicate. With natural products. In moderation. So THAT, along with a good chiropractor, but I find I see him less and less. I found that I need THAT maybe once a week and feel good all week. All pain pills, barbituates, the oxy this and that, all this crap was prescribed by doctors and did me nothing but made me worse physically, definitely emotionally. Side affects and dependency on some of this stuff outweighed the benefits and the few doctors I saw could give a ---- less. Don't know how to treat injuries and inflammation other than pills and surgery. Ibuprofen? A joke and utterly useless for my aches. Now, I am mentally clearer. Sleep better. Physically trimmer and stronger, and in a better humor.

My trip to Colorado changed my view on practical medicine, along with an introduction to holistic medicine and self- physiotherapy.

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins

I used to hurt bad. For about 13-14 years in hip and back, since I was 27/28 from several injuries involving a wreck and several on the job incodents. And began to listen to doctors that were simply making guesses. And surgery will cost this and that. and the test show this or that. We think this and maybe that. Let's experiment......

I'd rather go to a vet......

Now I self medicate. With natural products. In moderation. So THAT, along with a good chiropractor, but I find I see him less and less. I found that I need THAT maybe once a week and feel good all week. All pain pills, barbituates, the oxy this and that, all this crap was prescribed by doctors and did me nothing but made me worse physically, definitely emotionally. Side affects and dependency on some of this stuff outweighed the benefits and the few doctors I saw could give a ---- less. Don't know how to treat injuries and inflammation other than pills and surgery. Ibuprofen? A joke and utterly useless for my aches. Now, I am mentally clearer. Sleep better. Physically trimmer and stronger, and in a better humor.

My trip to Colorado changed my view on practical medicine, along with an introduction to holistic medicine and self- physiotherapy.

Yep!

Sometimes! :P Actually however, I got a tiny thorn just above the bottom joint from a Primrose, over four years a cyst has grown around it the size of about 3/8 inch. Rubs on my revolver grip and gets sore now. Having it removed in 2 weeks. Oh Boy-- a new pain to deal with. :D Not to mention the fortune I'm sure it will cost. As eveything seems to be about 3 times "Normal & Customary" :lol: Bet I would have been able to buy a new tuned rifle for less!

Ouch! That does sound painful. But hopefully the pain in the wallet will be balanced by the relief in your finger. Just be careful showing everyone where you had surgery...

Fortunately, it only gets sore when doing something that requires holding a handle of sorts. It rubs on the edge of grips and by the end of the match it starts to get annoying. So hope getting it removed in a couple weeks- it will be all better by Cowboy season! Probably should have done it 4-5 years ago, but Oh well! I'm not one to run right to the Doctor, so if I ever catch one of those "Kill you in 3 days" things I will be pretty much done. Load me in some shot shells and take me to the next match!!