SASS Wire Forum

UNIS "GINEX" GORADE Primers

A local reloading retailer is stocking UNIS "GINEX" GORAZDE small pistol primers manufactured in Bosnia & Herzegovina. Anybody have experience loading these primers and shooting rounds assembled with them? I'd like to know how reliable these are, how well they seat and how hard a hammer strike it takes to ignite them - say relative to Federal, Winchester and Remington small pistol primers.

http://www.ginex.com.ba/Images/PRIMER%204,5-3%3fP1%20for%20Small%20Pistol.pdf

The company is not a fly by night - their annual primer production is 300,000,000 to 400,000,000

Anybody have experience loading these primers and shooting rounds assembled with them? I'd like to know how reliable these are, how well they seat and how hard a hammer strike it takes to ignite them - say relative to Federal, Winchester and Remington small pistol primers.

Come on Edward, this is a reliable International company and a US reloading supplier has them. Spend the 30 bucks or so and do your own comparison. And while your at it, send the *.pdf to Federal, Winchester and Remington asking for the same "public" specifications that this company provides. Money on the bar says you'll be waiting till Hell freezes over before you receive it from each US Company

Be the First and let us know how you make out with the Ginex primers ;)

• Like 1

http://www.ginex.com.ba/Images/PRIMER%204,5-3%3fP1%20for%20Small%20Pistol.pdf

The company is not a fly by night - their annual primer production is 300,000,000 to 400,000,000

Come on Edward, this is a reliable International company and a US reloading supplier has them. Spend the 30 bucks or so and do your own comparison. And while your at it, send the *.pdf to Federal, Winchester and Remington asking for the same "public" specifications that this company provides. Money on the bar says you'll be waiting till Hell freezes over before you receive it from each US Company

Be the First and let us know how you make out with the Ginex primers ;)

Thanks for the info, JB. I'm frugal and would rather buy a package of 100 to test instead of $30 for 1,000 primers. If no one has any experience with GINEX I think I will buy a brick and try them. BTW, I don't mean to demean this company. I am simply curious about their product.

Unless you are shooting with light springs I would think they would be just fine.

They may be just fine with light springs as well.

If you are shooting stock springs I wouldn't worry about it.

Think about it. This isn't Benchrest shooting. As long as the powder ignites you should be okay.

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748

I'm using their large pistol primers for the last 7 years or so, never had a FTF, my springs are not the super zoomy kind.

I uniformed my primer pockets, with a specific brand of brass I had high primers

...... and overhere they're the cheapest ;-)