SASS Wire Forum

Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mould 452-190-SWC

Sedalia Dave

Interested in trades? I have 150-200 .452 255 grain RFP's that I just cast. Also 150 .452 200 grain RFP's

I have 100 405 grain RFP's that I cast and pan-lubed. Sized to .457

Edited by Hawknose Bill

• 6 years later...

hello, i have the lee .45 acp 190 gr swc mold, my question is, i am using winchester 231 with 5.2 gr. of powder. i have been having problem finding what is low and high grain to use. i don't think i am over charging it but would like your input.  i have checked several data list and all are for 185 and 200 grain etc. none for the 190 gr. swc.

3 hours ago, 007 said:

hello, i have the lee .45 acp 190 gr swc mold, my question is, i am using winchester 231 with 5.2 gr. of powder. i have been having problem finding what is low and high grain to use. i don't think i am over charging it but would like your input.  i have checked several data list and all are for 185 and 200 grain etc. none for the 190 gr. swc.

Bullets can vary a few grains while casting so either should be close.  I would split the difference between the load data for the 185 and the 200 and stay on light side until you’ve made sure there isn’t an issue. And it would best to ask this question in the Wire, not the classifieds from six years ago. 

Edited by Cholla
  • Like 1