SASS Wire Forum

WTB Colt/s

:)​ I thought that I would test the waters here first. I am a Ruger fan but I think that I would like to try some real Colts. I would be looking for good condition shooters, not collector items. No Colt Cowboy model. Prefer 4 3/4" or 5 1/2" bbls, blue, in .45. Any recommendations? Thanks for lookin' C.W. :FlagAm:

:)​ I thought that I would test the waters here first. I am a Ruger fan but I think that I would like to try some real Colts. I would be looking for good condition shooters, not collector items. No Colt Cowboy model. Prefer 4 3/4" or 5 1/2" bbls, blue, in .45. Any recommendations? Thanks for lookin' C.W. :FlagAm:

Be patient and keep lookin' on here, gunbroker, gunsamerica etc. Good luck I'm lookin' for a Colt in .44-40!!

CW I have a 3rd Gen, Nickel, 357 7 1/2 you can try if ya just want to try a Real Colt. Also have a identical Pietta that is way smoother. Neither have had any slicking up done on them. I know you want to buy .45 but Ill bring them to the midmonth if you let me know to, to handle and shoot.

Imis

CW I have a 3rd Gen, Nickel, 357 7 1/2 you can try if ya just want to try a Real Colt. Also have a identical Pietta that is way smoother. Neither have had any slicking up done on them. I know you want to buy .45 but Ill bring them to the midmonth if you let me know to, to handle and shoot.

Imis

Just be forewarned that if you do this, then you will be buying a colt. Nothing feels the same in ones hand as a real colt. Some come close, but a real colt is where it's at.

• Like 1

Have handled and shot real Colts that have had nice action work done on them, they have that "thing" that only they seem to have.

That said, I have and still do shoot a set of USFAs that came from Long Hunter back in the day and they have that "thing" also, they are to me as good as it gets!!

However, Colt is Colt the name carries a lot of weight in the gun world especially in retained value and collect ability, however the USFAs seem to be hanging right with the newer Colts in this area also...

Spades H. There I've been wanting to spend that 2 cents since Christmas!!!😎 Oh sorry for the babbling hope you fine a nice st of Colts...

Edited by Spades Hanlin SASS#66204

:)​ Thanks to all that replied. All were positive & constructive. A pardner on this wire & I are working on the final details for one revolver. Could still use any help finding another, 5.5 " Blue, in .45 colt. C-U, C.W. :FlagAm: