SASS Wire Forum

2002 Neil Armstrong Interview

Subdeacon Joe

When I was a young college graduate and starting my career in aerospace, I worked at North American Aviation, prime contractor on the Apollo Program. There were lots of NASA bigwigs and gov't types around all the time. Some were real A holes, some were actually real people. Neil Armstrong was a real, genuine person who was always approachable and civil to everyone.

I was really lucky to work on the Apollo, Saturn and later the Space Shuttle during my career. It was an adventure that I feel blessed to have been a part of.

When I was a young college graduate and starting my career in aerospace, I worked at North American Aviation, prime contractor on the Apollo Program. There were lots of NASA bigwigs and gov't types around all the time. Some were real A holes, some were actually real people. Neil Armstrong was a real, genuine person who was always approachable and civil to everyone.

I was really lucky to work on the Apollo, Saturn and later the Space Shuttle during my career. It was an adventure that I feel blessed to have been a part of.

If you haven't already written your book, I hope you will. I know a ghost writer if you need one! 😉