SASS Wire Forum

DA wanted to subpoena alexa

Trigger Mike

Following this sort of thing on a tech forum and investigative product news.

It seems that this home tech that you talk to, can and does record what it hears.

It was also explained how almost any tech devise that you can talk to and get it to do something...anything has the same capabilities.

The conversation wasn't so much about the devises recording, it was about law enforcement being able to get hold of these recordings.

Even your smart phones have the ability to hear you and it is recorded some place.

Then there was information on how most smart phones have programs in them that you can reset the talk feature to off and the recording part is stopped.

But so is you ability to use you smart phone with voice commands.

It was demonstrated how a smart phone just sitting on a table in your home can be accessed by "others" and they can listen to what ever is said near the phone.

The issue was private conversations but then turned to more intimate conversations, like "bedroom talk".

This record feature is like the camera on smart phone, lap top computers or any devise with a camera.

They can all be turned on my third a party without your knowledge.

This is just coming to light because of law enforcement asking for these recording.

This has been out there for a while now.... couple of years or more.

heard on the late news as i set my radio alarm clock where a man killed someone so the DA wanted to subpoena his alexa but amazon resisted stating it does not record until its name is called.

Acording to this article, it keeps 60 seconds of audio then rewrites over it or until a command is spoken. They are pretty cool.... I have two of them.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/just-how-dangerous-alexa-shelly-palmer?trk=eml-email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01-hero-0-null&midToken=AQHcmtxIpuYbLg&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=3-sgMfjEeVfnA1