SASS Wire Forum

RV Mattress question

Dorado

So, I got an RV and I'm trying to get it ready for early spring or late winter camping. I'm trying to find sheets for the bed. I'm having trouble finding them. The mattress is a Short queen. It's 60x74 but only 6.5" tall. I can't find any sheets that are close to that, they're all too deep at 18+ inches. Y'all know where I can find some decent sheets that'll fit and won't break the bank?

Thanks

You will probably want to invest in a mattress topper as well. I bought one of the memory foam style toppers to go in my camper. A little pricey, but your back will thank you especially on the longer trips.

My wife found our sheets online.

• Like 1

A word to the wise: I have a RV I use going to the matches up here, in Canada.

In 2015, I took it to an October match, (no hook-ups), the temperature dropped overnight, froze the pipes and blew some connections.

In 2016, I winterized the water lines, brought some water containers and saved myself a lot of trouble.

You will probably want to invest in a mattress topper as well. I bought one of the memory foam style toppers to go in my camper. A little pricey, but your back will thank you especially on the longer trips.

I bought one of those memory foams also for our home bed from Costco and every morning my back says thank you. Costco also have those thick warm sheets that we use in the RV during spring and fall camping.. They keep you warm so you don't have to run the furnace as often during the night.

are you trying to buy fitted sheets? don't. buy flat sheets and learn to make the bed.

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I can find sheets but they're too expensive for my blood. I'm normally fine with a wool blanket, but other people don't seem to agree with me on that.

I found lots of sheets there that fit the outside dimensions but they are all for 18" tall mattresses not my 6 1/2".

Camping World has them.

They're too expensive, and I'm too cheap.

The man I got the camper off of bought a brand new mattress and put in it before letting me drive off. I think the new mattress is better than the one I normally sleep on. It's very comfortable, just short and thin. I may look into mattress toppers but don't those make it warmer? I'm in Texas, I don't need a warmer bed. I can add blankets for warm.

Regular queen size work fine esp when you use one of the memory foam toppers.

kR

Regular queen size bed is 6" longer than my mattress and considerably thicker.

How thick are mattress toppers? This is a truck camper where the bed is over the truck cab. I have a limited amount of head room in there as is.

A word to the wise: I have a RV I use going to the matches up here, in Canada.

In 2015, I took it to an October match, (no hook-ups), the temperature dropped overnight, froze the pipes and blew some connections.

In 2016, I winterized the water lines, brought some water containers and saved myself a lot of trouble.

If I were to take it in the winter that's what I'd do as well. Then again down here in Texas it doesn't get as cold as Canada does. Right now it's been drained and winterized. Come spring I'm going to clean out the water heater with vinegar and replace the anode (Suburban water heater), sanitize the entire water system, and try to completely clean out the holding tanks. I'll also replace the dump tube. I'm also thinking of replacing the shower head with something more efficient and powerful like the oxygenics shower head.

Here is an idea for using non-fitted sheets if you don't want to do hospital / military corners.

http://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Bed-Without-a-Fitted-Sheet?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCpYfK8KPRAhVBz2MKHUrhBA8Q9QEIDjAA

Thanks for that Pat Riot. I know how to do military corners. I just wanted to be lazy about it and get fitted sheets.

I replaced my RV mattress about 7 years ago with a Temperpedic and put a mattress topper on top of it. Standard queen bedsheets fit just right and I feel like in sleeping at home. Mrs. Lose also put one of those mattresss pad heaters in under the mattress topper and when I'm at a match and it's cold I run the generator for about a half hour to top my batteries off and warm up the mattress and I'm very comfortable and the temperpedic warms up and ain't quite so firm.