SASS Wire Forum

New Year's food

Noz

Did everybody eat their black eyed peas, greens and cornbread today?

• Like 1

Did everybody eat their black eyed peas, greens and cornbread today?

Nope, we are having corned beef and cabbage with potatoes. It is our New Year's tradition.

Oh Man, I used to cook up a big pot of corned beef and cabbage, along with some killer black eyed peas.....had an open door policy from 4 to 8 for people. Missed that meal.....might have to go to the butcher for some corned beef this week.

But today it was chicken soup, and hot black tea with Jameson, honey, cinnamon stick, and lemon......trying to kick a cold.

Nope...king crab legs and shrimp scampi and fresh fruit salad. Yummmmmiiii !!

Had some of my home ground venison breakfast sausage, eggs & biscuits for breakfast.

Edited by Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life

Don't laugh...........

Artichokes and crab cakes.

Obviously not many "southern boys" here. blackeyed peas are a good luck potion for the next year.

Used to do the traditional meal, but the past few years, we've done Chinese carryout. Same today.

Also trying to kick a cold.

I had my blackeyed peas with chopped onion and diced country ham cooked in a skillet with butter and honey!!

You fry up the ham first with a little water and honey, then sautee the onions in the same skillet adding some butter while you dice the ham. Then you add bunch of blackeyed peas and the ham back into the skillet and heat it 'til it's nice 'n' bubbly!!

• Like 1

I had my blackeyed peas with chopped onion and diced country ham cooked in a skillet with butter and honey!!

You fry up the ham first with a little water and honey, then sautee the onions in the same skillet adding some butter while you dice the ham. Then you add bunch of blackeyed peas and the ham back into the skillet and heat it 'til it's nice 'n' bubbly!!

That would work! Had some left over ham from my last batch of navy beans. Chunked it up with the peas.

Me and the dog had an angus double burger with cheese, dill pickles, generic yellow mustard, and a slice of Burmuda onion, iced tea for me and water for the dog, and blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream.

I didn't feel like putting together a big meal.

Me and the dog had an angus double burger with cheese, dill pickles, generic yellow mustard, and a slice of Burmuda onion, iced tea for me and water for the dog, and blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream.

I didn't feel like putting together a big meal.

Sounds pretty good to me.

I'm gonna give this a whirl this week, sounds tasty.

That would work! Had some left over ham from my last batch of navy beans. Chunked it up with the peas.

DIDJA' ever try that country ham pack I sent ya'?

DIDJA' ever try that country ham pack I sent ya'?

Didn't get it????????????

Did you get my package?

Edited by Noz

Howdy:

Had Baked trout with fried golden potatoes with onions for my mid-day meal - Clam chowder for supper.

Prob ably will have more clam chowder for breakfast as I truly love seafood/fish.

STL Suomi

Didn't get it????????????

Did you get my package?

The package was flat and may have been mistaken for packing material!! I'll send you another one in a few days.

We did receive your package. Good stuff!!